PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My biggest concern out of all these is the issue i am having with my firewall. The only way i can get the client to work is to totally disable the firewall. Really hope they get it fixed, i don't like having just the poxy windows firewall.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY, save ^_^, and less bugs then i expected for a beta......
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Well these are only the known bugs, there are sure to be plenty of unknown ones for us to find :p

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    The press beta was pretty stable, for a beta. I raged at alt-tabbing which would freeze the game and I had to restart it, so I learned not to do that during the weekend. Seems they have much improved on that. Otherwise though the game worked really well.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Woot, already sent my first error report! The game "accidentally" closed when I clicked the X at the log-in screen and it filed a report for me.

Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    That reminds me, I got stuck in the landscape twice during the press beta. Can't remember the exact names or the exact location on the map, so bear with me.

One was in the human starter area, near the water tower? thing; I was hopping around (bad idea) and seemed to have landed on the edge of a step, a polygonal crevice of some sort. It threw me below the tower thing, and I was stuck there until I realized I had waypoint travel. Second was in Norn area, right outside of the mines during a world event. I was trying to bring down one of the Dredge turret tower or something; I happened to be standing right where the tower fell over to, and was stuck among the leg frameworks. I couldn't seem to nudge my way out, so I waypointed again.

It would have been funny if I were only a witness.

You should take a screenshot and submit a bug report of stuff like that, idk if there's a way to get your exact location (In Age of Conan there was a hotkey to copy location, timestamp and some technical data to the clipboard)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    During the press beta, there was a little ladybug in the top left corner along with other menu buttons. That ladybug was used to send bug reports, you would click it and it would ask you what the bug is etc. I assume that along with it, it takes some game data and possibly a screenshot to help the devs fix the bug.

Use it.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Did I ever mention about how oblivious I am to my surroundings?

Yeah...

From day one (the moment i got the notification that i could download/install the beta client) up until the end (the last client update i received) i had big problems with the beta client

(a)
    - download client
    - install client
    - start client
    (b)
    - It starts with downloading (with what later found out was a nieuw gw2.exe)
    - then after X mb's it crashes
    with some notification that it failed to execute gw2.tmp
    - restarting / redownloading / installing in another directory, nothing helped
    (c)
    - after a lot of failed retries i found a workaroud
    - delete gw2.exe and rename gw2.tmp to gw2.exe
    - then it started to download the initial game data (hurray)
    (d)
    - i could play the beta etc etc
    - until.... there was another gw2.exe update
    - same problem allover (luckaly i was smart enough to try the workaroud trick and it again worked)

Oke this was a beta so some problems can be expected
    And if i would have been unable to install/play (then to bad, but its beta so i wont complane to hard)

Even before te event opend i reported this problem + details + workaround to anet beta support
    - i got the you are stupid and should read the faq response
    - i responed in the way that was notes in the email to continue
    I do unterstand that at the start of the beta support was bussy with other (probably more important) things

What i do have a problem with is the following:
    * Why didn't anet/support respond to my problem at al (not even a "your report has registerd and we will look into it given time)

Atm i wont be supprised if the problem will still be there @ release.