PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]

Anet Blog: Choosing and Transferring Worlds in Guild Wars 2

ArenaNet has posted a blog detailing server selection, including a list of servers at launch: http://www.arena.net/blog/choosing-a...n-guild-wars-2 Needless to say, there are a lot of important tidbits to be found in this post, so make sure to check it out and discuss server selection in the forums!

More...
    Last edited by Lensor; 25-04-2012 at 12:46.
    IGN Bark N Mad. Officer in The Order of Dii [Dii]

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Wow, changing servers will cost gems. Guess now we know why they moved away from one server. That's a little disappointing, I have to say. I know it is in line with other MMOs, but that's not really the impression I got from when they were talking about being able to freely move between servers.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    The guesting sounds interesting...though limited-whatever else that entails besides WvWvW.

As far as permanently switching worlds; is this just for servers, or can one freely move about worlds within US or EU?
    Last edited by Смерть; 25-04-2012 at 05:05.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    It sounds like the charge is for moving among worlds.

Guesting makes it a lot better, but I worry about the alliance and PvP / WvWvW.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Seems like aside for WvW, you can play with friends independent of server. Guesting takes care of that.

If you want to play WvW with friends though, you need to plan ahead. Better not chance it and make sure our alliance is on the same server.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Piken Square
    Guild

WHGT

Thumbs down Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Seems like aside for WvW, you can play with friends independent of server. Guesting takes care of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ANet Blog
    When Guild Wars 2 launches, you will also have the option to play with your friends on another world with our free “guesting” feature.
    This "guesting" is only at launch? So afterwards, you're stuck forever on your "world" unless you pay up?
    (Yes, I'm splitting hairs. My hairdresser doesn't like it either. Still, the wording is suspiciuous, "when GW2 launches" translates to "in the beginning" for me.)

I can't say I like it. I'd like to put into more words WHY I don't like it, but somehow all I can think is that I REALLY don't like it, and it feels like a blow.
    I never liked the splintering of games. I see no use and certainly no reason for it. At worst it'll make your character even less unique (as someone else could have just the same name, but on another server).
    At best - I don't know, is there an upside to it?

I was hoping that the servers/worlds/instances of GW2 would be like in GW1 - free to chose whenever you feel like it with no real consequences.
    Last edited by Cyberman; 25-04-2012 at 05:59.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    So if I change a guild and the play on a different world for WvW I practically have to pay 1.800 gems?
    Sounds a lot. What is a gem in terms of in-game money or RL coin ?
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    It's 800 gems for a new character Gorani, so I'm guessing about $30 to change world.

-Art

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Yi Mor View Post
    It's 800 gems for a new character Gorani, so I'm guessing about $30 to change world.
    This is too much!
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorani View Post
    This is too much!
    That's my guestimation based on new game and higher tiers for new characters (Pricier again in EU - of course!).

It's another 'shoddy' press release by Anet - I'm starting to think crafted exactly as such, and if simple old me is...well, so is everyone else.

-Art