PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]

GW2 Digital Copies - Sold Out

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

We have sold out of keys for digital distribution in North America. GameStop and Best Buy still have stock available.

We limit sales to ensure we have enough capacity for our customers. We're likely to have capacity available after the initial crunch at the start of the weekend. Players who purchase when we're able to resume digital sales at buy.guildwars2.com will still be able to play for the remainder of the weekend. ~RB2

Cool, that one can play the rest of the beta if they pre-purchase a digital copy (if more go up before the event ends) once more come.
    Last edited by Смерть; 27-04-2012 at 05:21.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    I've been reading about it for a couple of hours now - cool as!

Seems (At least the thinking of the great unwashed) that due to the amount of 'worlds' this beta is offering that a maximum number of people can play, and play well. The physical boxes and Europe haven't quite reached those levels yet and so there still is room for people buying - it's just the digital versions of the NA region (Which is everywhere except Europe).

I'd expect more hardware to be bought in, or activated, once the beta weekend is over.

Either way - halting digital distribution is pretty hardcore by way of reasonable explanation and makes me happy that I got in as early as I could.

Hopefully they can accommodate everyone for the next weekend.

-Art

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    lolwut

Though, Art's explanation makes sense.

Yeah, I believe they had stated earlier that there would be a point where they would stop allowing people into this beta if they prepurchased, it's interesting that they met that goal though I wonder if part of that is merely timing and not exactly because of numbers.

Disappointing.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Hey there MasterNightfall!

Good to see a familiar face. Or three, even.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    Been a while MNF,

Been a long while!

I take it you haven't got in. I'm sorry to hear that - I'm not sure if you can buy the Euro version and make it, but I do know tha tAnet said that Gamestop and a few other retailers still have some digital editions which will get you in if you purchase them - follow the link in the OP!

-Art

If their intention is to limit it, why did they link to Game Stop who is STILL selling digital copies?

I bought my copy via Game Stop 4 hours ago, and instantly received my registration code. Registered my code and ArenaNet immediately sent me my BWE invite email.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    I think the limit is because they've only generated so many codes LancetoTheN.

Gamestop cannot sell codes they do not have.

Anet have distributed the codes to best allow a maximum number to play this beta weekend.

There is a conspiracy theory that it's all marketing going around if that's your thing - but I think a beta is a beta no matter what and it'll all be wiped for the next one.

Stress testing and handling feedback is probably the name of the game.

-Art