PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    Downscaling is great, but shouldn't be so aggressive. 2-3 levels above the contents sounds fine. Being able to play with a friend that doesn't happen to be exactly the same level as you is pretty great.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayren View Post
    holy **** shawn do not

DO NOT

turn into one of those mindless fanboys
    Please, point to me the fun in one shotting everything in a zone, while the friend you're trying to play with who is 10 levels below you runs around collecting loot.

I've been on both sides of that scenario, it's boring as ****.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Okay I think I hit a quest I can't really progress in... Anyone do Arson at the Orphanage (Human Warrior)? The Riflemen take me out pretty quick and just one of them was able to kill me and Thackery on her own, so I think they might be a little broken...

Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    Okay I think I hit a quest I can't really progress in... Anyone do Arson at the Orphanage (Human Warrior)? The Riflemen take me out pretty quick and just one of them was able to kill me and Thackery on her own, so I think they might be a little broken...
    I did that on the ranger and it was by far the hardest story quest I've come to so far. All of your friendly NPCs seem to just melt. The way I beat it was running back and forth with my bow. Had to slowly whittle them down and then go outside and heal. It's risky because for some reason you can still be shot through certain parts of the wall. Sadly Thackery isn't all that useful in that quests because he dies in the middle of them all along with his guards.

Just take it slow with a ranged weapon, every quest after that is a breeze.
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

Probably hard on some professions. I did that one in the last beta on my guardian, and didn't have much trouble with it. That is, unless they really cranked it up since last time.

-T

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Please, point to me the fun in one shotting everything in a zone, while the friend you're trying to play with who is 10 levels below you runs around collecting loot.

I've been on both sides of that scenario, it's boring as ****.
    Nah, it's pretty fun.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I did it again with a ranged weapon and breezed through it /boggle

Got oneshotted every time I did the first event so far, not that I really mind, as long as they fix the damn camera -.-

Too bad that the game apparently isnt designed to let you handle a large number of foes by yourself by playing well. If you don't get hit often enough they just reset :(

Yeah, there's also that ranged is a million times better than melee.

I made a thread on the official forums about some changes I'd like to see -> https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...-Thread/page/1

It even has a compromise on the level scaling

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    Just defeated the Shadow Behemoth.
    That was one intense battle my Norn enjoyed greatly!
    Though I accidentally destroyed some of my rewards from it due lack of inv. space.. (2 Carnelian Lumps, oops).
    Wonder why that thing had 20 Grumble Cakes..