Hey all, since the spoiler notice is in the title I think we can just share our findings together.
I haven't mopped up much as my client shuts down every hour or so but I've noticed that the Order of Whispers has a secret lair in Lions Arch accessible from a secret door in 'The Captain's Rest' (Where the council for Lions Arch meets) and through a crack in a sewers.
Monkey Island and conspiracy theories aside I think that's pretty darn cool.
What have you found on your travels which may be of worth to us interested in the lore (Beta - of course, but it still counts for something).
PC Gaming News
Results 1 to 7 of 7
28-04-2012, 02:18 #1
The beta spoiler thread! (Warning - spoilers!)
28-04-2012, 03:13 #2
"Welcome to the big time. Population: me."
No seriously I just started, will probably not post anything here.
28-04-2012, 23:33 #3
Random things off the top of my head:
- The White Mantle are alive and well, but as a little-known cult focusing on undermining the Krytan queen's power, the "never knew my parents" human biography has you come into conflict with them. No sign of the Mursaat as of yet.
- Ascalon has pretty much recovered from it's "wasteland and tar pools" form, the big tar lake outside Ascalon City is now filled with water, with the southern portion forming some sort of marsh. Some features (the Great Northern Wall, the Statue of Balthazar, one of the larger Searing crystals) are still intact, but others are completely gone as far as I can tell.
- Similarly, recognizable pieces of Lion's Arch are still there, but completely underwater. It's even a "point of interest" on the map.
- The tengu have completely withdrawn from the world, either sailing south to Cantha or barricading themselves inside the Dominion of Winds just outside Lion's Arch. (Seems to be setting them up for an expansion playable race, complete with pre-existing capitol city.)
- Many major threats from the first game, such as the Great Destroyer, are now generally regarded as little more than myth. Some people don't even believe the Dragons exist or are a threat. I also saw a couple of children pretending to be Afflicted.
- Portals to the Underworld are spontaneously forming in the swamps around the ruins of the Temple of the Ages, with fun things like Aatxes coming through.
- Each ettin head has a separate personality, and they can argue with each other. (There's one at a skill challenge called Ert and Bert.)
- The Zaishen have a presence in Lion's Arch, I'm not sure if they were stranded there when Orr rose, or if they have some way of getting to and from the Battle Isles.
- Jora and Pyre have giant statues. The GW1 player character gets no respect as usual.
- The Black Moa is no longer quite so shrouded in myth, you can find one in a cage in Divinity's Reach.
- Halloween is now known as Mad King's Day.
29-04-2012, 05:40 #4
However, while I do not recall what they said exactly, Dominion of Winds is supposedly where Sanctum Cay was, which is quite far from LA. Now, that is according to the wiki, and I didn't even look to see if that was verified somewhere. So I guess until the game comes out for real, Dominion of Winds could be anywhere.
30-04-2012, 11:12 #5
So, this may be obvious to everyone else, but Rytlock has Rurik's sword, which is the sister sword to Maegdar or whatever, and it's said that the sister sword to Maegdar can put the spirits of Ascalon to rest.
And Rytlock is a major figure in the Ascalonian Catacombs dungeon.
And that is the epicenter of where the Foefire happened.
07-05-2012, 00:46 #6
But Rytlock holding the sword only makes Adelbern even more pissed off. The legend also says "rightful king of Ascalon." Don't think a charr counts.
28-06-2012, 20:38 #7
- Heroes Etc