PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    It should be noted that range is not dependant on available weapons, the class and skill matters as well.

Longbow:
    - Warrior Range: 900 for all 5 skills (Increase to 1200 if traited assumed)
    - Ranger Range: 1200 for 4 skills, 600 for one, can be increased if traited, though exact amount is unknown

Rifle:
    - Warrior Range: 1200 for 4 skills, 1 Point Blank
    - Engineer: 2 400 skills, 1 800 skill, 2 1000 skills, increases to 1200 assumed if traited

So a Warrior is technically a better ranged fighter with a rifle than with a Longbow. Or they need to spend trait points to get the same basic range as a Ranger. We see the same for Engineer/Warrior when it comes to the rifle.

The other ranged martial weapons seem to be better balanced between the classes that use them:

Pistols:
    - Engineer: 2 600 skills, 3 900 skills (both hands)
    - Thief: 900 for all 5 skills (both hands pistols)

Shortbow:
    - Thief: 900 for 4 skills, 1200 for Cluster Bomb
    - Ranger: 900 for all

(numbers based on a tool since current wiki does not list ranges at all, though tool seems to contain some faults)

Basic staff range seems to be 1200 while scepter range is 900. Guardians get shafted a bit since the standard attack skill for staff is only 600. The rest of their skills have a better range though only 2 staff skills actually target a foe or create an area to damage a foe, and while his scepter skill all have a range of 900, his offhand choices are either in the 600 or point blank range.

Overall, the Guardian is limited to 900 with the scepter or some 1200 skills on recharge with the Staff while having only 600 most of the time. I'd say the other classes do have better ranged options available than the Guardian.
    Last edited by Sir Jack; 05-05-2012 at 19:50.

Interesting, about the ranges.

I could have sworn the thief's choking gas skill had the same range as the cluster bomb. Might be one of those faults, or maybe I'm wrong.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    1200 for long-range, 600-900 for medium range.

Afaik skill 2 for guardian staff has long range and can be spammed but you do need to let it go its whole way to get the range.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    1200 for long-range, 600-900 for medium range.

Afaik skill 2 for guardian staff has long range and can be spammed but you do need to let it go its whole way to get the range.
    Did you find that skill all that useful? I thought it was okay for a small heal on the melees, but the damage seemed pretty low for something that easy to dodge. Maybe it gets better at higher levels...

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Erring Ryft View Post
    Did you find that skill all that useful? I thought it was okay for a small heal on the melees, but the damage seemed pretty low for something that easy to dodge. Maybe it gets better at higher levels...
    I was not happy with the staff, but I did not play it enough to judge if it was good. Rather, I switched to scepter and used that for ranged.

Come the next BWE or maybe later, I'll be giving each weapon a fair try before sticking to a set. I'll likely keep swapping back once in a while to keep my skills up to date with all weapons.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about