It should be noted that range is not dependant on available weapons, the class and skill matters as well.
- Warrior Range: 900 for all 5 skills (Increase to 1200 if traited assumed)
- Ranger Range: 1200 for 4 skills, 600 for one, can be increased if traited, though exact amount is unknown
- Warrior Range: 1200 for 4 skills, 1 Point Blank
- Engineer: 2 400 skills, 1 800 skill, 2 1000 skills, increases to 1200 assumed if traited
So a Warrior is technically a better ranged fighter with a rifle than with a Longbow. Or they need to spend trait points to get the same basic range as a Ranger. We see the same for Engineer/Warrior when it comes to the rifle.
The other ranged martial weapons seem to be better balanced between the classes that use them:
- Engineer: 2 600 skills, 3 900 skills (both hands)
- Thief: 900 for all 5 skills (both hands pistols)
- Thief: 900 for 4 skills, 1200 for Cluster Bomb
- Ranger: 900 for all
(numbers based on a tool since current wiki does not list ranges at all, though tool seems to contain some faults)
Basic staff range seems to be 1200 while scepter range is 900. Guardians get shafted a bit since the standard attack skill for staff is only 600. The rest of their skills have a better range though only 2 staff skills actually target a foe or create an area to damage a foe, and while his scepter skill all have a range of 900, his offhand choices are either in the 600 or point blank range.
Overall, the Guardian is limited to 900 with the scepter or some 1200 skills on recharge with the Staff while having only 600 most of the time. I'd say the other classes do have better ranged options available than the Guardian.