PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]

How do you use your Death Shroud?

Besides obviously using it for escaping being downed...

For large groups, if I am within range of them I'll switch into Death Shroud (DS) to cast Life Transfer (LT), then pop right back out of it to save the remaining DS for escaping later or to take down something specific--if I am a little ways off from the group, I'll first zoom into them via Dark Pact.

I also like using LT on destructible environment items like weapon wracks, if one positions themselves correctly, they can take out multiple of them--or bring them pretty close to being destroyed. I also like using DT if there is a really heavy hitting boss--just for variety--to get 'into' the fight a little more.

I am really interested in testing it out fully with the trait system, to see how long exactly one will be able to gain Life Force, stay in the form, how long it takes to recharge, etc. If one can be a pretty close constant DS tank, would be fun to run around from time to time.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    It's a good panic button when I'm swarmed by more ettins than I had bargained for...

Typically for just getting into a position where I can drop it, swap to scepter and horn and hightail it to safety. Doesn't always work, but that and a Well of Blood has kept me going for far longer than I had any rights to - got the 100,000 exp without dying achievement that way.

Though I only got to level 21 and the area around Lion's Arch in the beta. Ah, Life Transfer is extremely useful for groups - but you covered that bit...

I noticed it was extremely effective vs those insane black moas in the finale though. Uh, Death Shroud and then LT the bird - I had the Spiteful Spirit... perk... uh, talent uh... Trait.

Anyway that might have added some damage. Or not. I can't tell for sure as we were typically about 20 to one on the birds.

I found it rather quirky because the first skill was spammable while the other 3 were only available once in a regular death shroud time. So I'd use it more for a single thing like "fear" and out again. Felt seriously underpowered in pve and far from necessary. Panic button though.

Limited play, but I don't remember much death with Necro. When things looked bad I just went into shroud and either moved out of danger, or killed my opponent.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    bit late but......

i kinda don't see a use for it, enemies die before i even have a use for it.
    tried playing with it but when i have to trade 8 skills and full weapon swap control for 4 pretty useless skills and a GW1 minion health bar it falls in the "neat but useless" category.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I think death shroud is more often used to stay alive... So if you find yourself in a tough spot, you have an extra life pool.

I didn't get to use it much though.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 Posts6 months registered1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    New here so first: Hi.

Death shroud is VERY useful especially when traited. You don't take damage and you can get out of conditions by just tapping F1. Life blast is pretty good and the number 4 skill hurts. With traits it gets better and you can activate conditions when you activate shroud.

Try to go into shroud early and drop out way before your life force goes to zero. That way you can switch in and out several times in a fight.

Think of it as a third weapon with no damage being taken, removal of stunned etc AND a condition activator if traited.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Please explain exactly what you mean by "no damage taken". You take damage but from your lifeforce, right?
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

I think he just means you don't have your hp depleted while in death shroud (so basically what you said). And yeah, I got reduced to 1 hp in a fight once and didn't even become downed due to death shroud. It is nice for staying alive. From my very limited use of it though (I unlocked the fourth skill towards the end of my playtime) it didn't seem very offensive. From the sounds of it the fourth skill does good damage against groups though.

Achievements:
    10 Posts6 months registered1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Yes I meant you take damage from lifeforce and not from hp.

As for low damage you can trait with fury, piercing, extra power etc however in the end it's a period of staying close to the enemy doing damage while not loosing hp. Meanwhile your skills cooldown keeps going and all conditions keep ticking.

Example: Spectre and focus to pile on the conditions, signet them for damage and more conditions, switch to death shroud, pop out and hurt them with axe and war horn or daggers and then back to sceptre.