PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Giving Longbow a try after reading that :)

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

The Order Of Dii
    My favorite weapons: greatsword + rifle or longbow. Greatsword is so awesome I cannot put it in words... For a ranged option I think rifle and longbow both have their use in different situations. While rifle is great when fighting 1vs1, long bow is better when you need some AoE damage. And that's pretty often.

I keep switching weapons just to keep combat interesting. I started this weekend with hammer then moved to sword/axe and now back to the one I used most in beta... mace/sword. Mace/sword is really fun for me as long as I don't have to fight too many at once. It still works since weapons hit everything in front but not as well as weapons with actual aoe skills.

I keep ranged in second slot and switch from bow to rifle. It's worked out nice since my rifle has a sigil of corruption which pairs nicely with sword with sigil of agony :).

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I've finally stopped holding on to shields. I think I'm going to stop holding on to long swords, too. I enjoy them in the offhand (Impale / Rip is fun), but I prefer axe in the offhand, so I never opt for sword there. Whirling Axe is just too good to pass up (builds adrenaline so fast). Still keeping a mace and warhorn - mace just because sometimes I feel like it, warhorn in case I'm ever in a group that requests it.

Been using GS just for something different lately. I forgot how fun it is. I think it'll be in the rotation now. GS, Hammer, Dual Axe, Longbow, Rifle.

I'm currently using a Sword (main) + Axe (offhand) as my primary set. Trying to build around insane crit rates (last night I had a base of 100% for 1 level :P, now it's hovering around a base of 80-85%) and then hitting often works. Sword for the bleeds (and Final does quite some damage and the leap...oh the leap...yay :D) and the axe for the AoE. Was never that fond of Axe in the main hand.

Second weaponset is a Rifle, Killshot is great and Volley does quite some damage when everything crits ^-^.

When I start running him in dungeons I'd probably go for Sword+Axe and Axe+Shield (Eviscerate and some extra defense)

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    Hmm, I have several favourite combos - for WvW it's typically hammer with rifle on switch.

But I also like longsword and mace for melee and rifle for ranged.

Longbow isn't bad, but I prefer it for pve. Greatsword is also fun, but I prefer the control skills of the hammer. Though I do switch it up for the sake of variety sometimes.

Axe is also fun as offhand - never really got the hang of main hand axe, so maybe I should experiment more with it.

...in short, I'm glad I'm at 400 armorsmithing or I'd be running out of storage space for all my weapon sets. And yes, I do have one of each type. That is, I have 2 of each type that's also an offhand...

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Experience Points6 months registered

I started off using Greatsword and Longbow but as of late I play more with Axe/Axe and Longbow. I haven't tried out the Rifle yet so I may end up trying that out for a bit here soon to see how it compares.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Welcome to the forums

Axe/Axe is a ton of fun. I like Sword in the offhand because Impale/Rip is just so cool, but I can't pass up Whirling Axe whenever I switch to two weapons! I actually rolled a second warrior so I can play him differently.

Longbow is a good choice if you need AOE. Rifle is single-target, bit more damage than bow.
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Rifle also has a handy cone knockback if you need some breathing room and can't use/don't have any other KBs or "Fear Me!"

Speaking of, Flurry (Sword Burst) + "Fear Me!" = a little evil, but a lot of fun, and sometimes complimented by the more than suitable "Muahahaha!" my norn warrior belts out when I trigger it. Every enemy you catch with Flurry is immobilised and can't do squat for being scared witless.
    Last edited by The Pointless; 20-11-2012 at 23:15.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Longbow has Immobilize. Of course, Rifle also has a snare.

When I was trying to round out my karka kill count (those things hit HARD), I would lead with Rifle, snare it, then knock it back when it was in range, snare again, then switch to hammer, KD. Then KB again. I killed a few without taking any damage.
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!