PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    6 months registered100 Experience Points
    Server

Piken Square
    At the moment I'm using a Greatsword as my main and absolutely loving tearing through mobs with ease, but having just found my first Axe I'm enjoying running a Sword with Axe in Off-Hand as my second weapon set.

Do have an awesome Longbow which is devastating for AOE but not sure if I'll keep a ranged as I prefer to just get right up in their face.

I prefer to keep a ranged weapon to switch to.

General PvE is simple enough that I mostly go axe/horn for speed. If I want go higher dmg switch to GS or hammer in dungeons... or mace/shield if I need to soak up some dmg.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    6 months registered100 Experience Points
    Server

Piken Square
    As much as the swiftness is great with the horn, I'd rather have another damage output to take on mobs.

I do sometimes switch to ranged if there's a veteran then I'll try and cut down it's health with the rifle first before switching to GS and getting in close. But it all depends really.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Ehmry Bay
    Guild

[Loot]
    My favorite weapons are greatsword (and spear!) with either rifle or longbow switch. I also like to play axe/mace, but my traits are built for greatsword. I'd probably switch to axe/mace if enemies in PvE tried to avoid me hitting them repeatedly with Hundred Blades.

I keep a sword/horn just for Savage Leap and Charge in jumping puzzles.

Quote Originally Posted by JChalmers View Post
    As much as the swiftness is great with the horn, I'd rather have another damage output to take on mobs.

I do sometimes switch to ranged if there's a veteran then I'll try and cut down it's health with the rifle first before switching to GS and getting in close. But it all depends really.
    When I said general PvE I mainly meant just roaming an area and not trying any content that can't be facerolled. My build is kinda non-specialized glass cannon so I can switch out weapons. Going for dmg I'm not sure if anything competes with GS except maybe dual axes. Axe/sword and axe/mace add some nice options. I don't generally go mainhand sword since I'm not really concentrating on condition dmg. Frankly, most PvE content you can go in with any combination and not have issues. I find that weapons have at least one skill that makes them fun to use so I like to switch them up to add some variety.