PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Top moment for me were:

- L.A's diving board: Absolutely sold it for me, especially diving off with the goggles to do flips, shame that our characters dont actually wear them on their character model but could have just been an oversight.

- Meeting Dougal Keene: Been a huge fan of his since reading Ghosts of Ascalon, was nice to finally put a face and voice to his lines, also got to ask him what he's doing now and what happened on the journey back from Ascalon)

- WvW: Absolutely loved every part of World Vs World, to much here to detail, so i'll just say all of it!

- Humor: This is mostly regarding armour loss, long story short i was in a large group with my friend in WvW and several of our allies lost their pants due to excessive death, what amused me though was these players characters started talking every so often like the heroes do in GW1.

One girl who had lost her pants who i had just revived said "I feel so vulnerable....." as she ran back into combat, this was her character talking, not her typing it in the chat, and a large male norn player character who had ran past me after losing his pants started saying something along the lines of "By the bear! is it just me or is it cold all of a sudden!"

I'm sure it was something that was supposed to let the players themselves know they had lost armour pieces, but for the people fighting by their side like me it was absolutely hilarious, the norn one especially made me cry with laughter, as i can just imagine a norn being so pre ocupied by a good battle that he failed to realise he had lost his pants.

Cant help but wonder if fully naked (AKA just in underwear) characters have different dialogue copared to ones who had just lost one piece.

- Combat: Was even better than i could have imagined, had some bad lag on Friday that made combat near impossible, but after Saturday update to the servers combat was a hell of alot more fun. and i especially love how our characters vocalise what conditions they have "AHH my leg!" For crippled, "I...I CAN'T SEE!" for blind, and so forth and so forth, was a very nice touch.

- Nostalgia: Seeing the old Lions arch and working out the layout, going and running up the lighthouse which is apparently the only surviving piece of the original LA still intact, and seeing the sunken Temple of the ages (And being mauled to death by the veteran fish that patrols the waters there....), didnt go to Ascalon as i didn't want to do to much, nor did i do the personal story beyond the tutorial as i wanted to avoid spoilers.

- The Art: I absolutely love the look of the game, but what i found to be a nice touch was the outside of the UI, which on the sides and top and bottom, looks slightly torn or splashed with dark paint, it makes the game screen look like a moving painting, a very nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiah di Romilly View Post
    I wanted to push someone of the highdiving board.
    to bad you cant dive :(
    If you speak to the guy on the diving board in his boxers, he will give you some goggles, you get a small window pop up when you walk onto the board that says "Put on (F)" and you get 2 skills for when your falling which makes your character do flips and poses as they fall, so if you just jump off the board then spam 1 and 2, you can do a ton of tricks before hitting the water!

- Tsukasa
    Last edited by Tsukasa Kamiya; 01-05-2012 at 15:57.

Achievements:
    Social100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

[Dii]
    All of it. (Well except the server issues and know bugs, laggy mail, server lag, damage scaling on boss mobs etc... but those will be fixed by release so who cares.)

The combat especially though. It has great flow and using skills on the move makes the game feel so fluid and so right. Dodge as well... <3 dodge. Positioning has actual value and you don't just spam a dps rotation. Most importantly its not dumbed down to the point of being LOL LOL FACEROLL SUPER EASY MODE!!! The difficulty is reasonable enough, you know you will die sometimes, this is a good thing and the skill cap is high enough to provide a good challenge.

Events felt so natural. Hearts are not really that original except they cut out the entire pick up quest drop off quest crap that was so pointless anyway. Also hearts have multiple activities so u don't get bored anywhere near as fast as vanilla kill 10 rats. The event scaling was really great and it felt completely natural to work together with other players in events.

Oh my god I am so hyped for this game now... this is the game I have been waiting for all this time.

I sadfaced when they turned off the servers... I need my next fix.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    i bet the first ppl do when it's life is making a character and rush to LA just for the diving board, whole rows of players just line up there.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringsgold View Post
    It was Cluster Bomb(the thief shortbow skill), best skillshot I've seen in any MMO, maybe even any game. So much fun to use, I just sat spamming it in WvW whenever I could.
    i gotta agree once i figured this out i had tons of fun with it. i loved being able to use a shortbow, i had my doubts about it but since playing it i fell in love with it and itll always be my second weapon set. i gotta say learning how to play the thief was my fav part, it was tough at first with the whole attacks being put in q if you spam buttons which i do in every mmo i hit the button more then once lol so i was using up all my ini in the beginning but once i got over that hurdle and really learned how to combo my moves and timing it LOVED it. i was wrecking people non stop. only classes that really were hard were warriors and guardians, something about them they are able to take like no dmg and able to output a good amount.

Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Requiem View Post

I sadfaced when they turned off the servers... I need my next fix.
    Same. I was actually in a sour mood about it all of yesterday, darkly philosophising about how it's no wonder these virtual worlds appeal to us more than the real world sometimes - sure there's still violence and death and all that, but... but... we get to fight (for our right to... PARTY)!!

Withdrawal symptoms aside, I did enjoy the combat a lot for the reasons you mentioned. It's not really like anything I've played before. I found myself learning the controls a lot faster with this game than with others. Dodge is amazing, I love the fact I get to see when I had a successful dodge too, and how I noticed it more and more as I got more accustomed to it. So much fun!
    Dea Draconis Friendship is Magic Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    yeah i was sad when i had to go back onto swtor(still better then WoW), while i was playing i just felt so bored and uninterested in the game. but ive been feeling that way for awhile since im stuck on a low pop server and its pretty much dead :( but finally playing GW2 didnt help that one bit lol now i just find lack of stimulation, nothing crazy goes on in swtor, cant dodge attacks, people stand and cast(lol) arrrrg

Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I can't even look at other games without feeling a bit resentful towards them now...

I got it bad for this game.
    Dea Draconis Friendship is Magic Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    Quote Originally Posted by kokabel View Post
    I can't even look at other games without feeling a bit resentful towards them now...

I got it bad for this game.
    couldnt have said it any better lol all i wanna do now is sell my swtor account like i did my WoW account because they dont have **** on this game. and i laugh at all my friends who are hung up over d3

I still play a little AoC now and then, it's still ok because the combat system is pretty similar to GW2, except there's a lot of stupid frustrating things in the game which make me stop playing after two or three pvp matches :/

Why can't we just keep beta testing until release x_x

What's not to like? I loved every minute of it and i cannot wait until the next beta weekend extravaganza! I'll see you all in game :)