Top moment for me were:
- L.A's diving board: Absolutely sold it for me, especially diving off with the goggles to do flips, shame that our characters dont actually wear them on their character model but could have just been an oversight.
- Meeting Dougal Keene: Been a huge fan of his since reading Ghosts of Ascalon, was nice to finally put a face and voice to his lines, also got to ask him what he's doing now and what happened on the journey back from Ascalon)
- WvW: Absolutely loved every part of World Vs World, to much here to detail, so i'll just say all of it!
- Humor: This is mostly regarding armour loss, long story short i was in a large group with my friend in WvW and several of our allies lost their pants due to excessive death, what amused me though was these players characters started talking every so often like the heroes do in GW1.
One girl who had lost her pants who i had just revived said "I feel so vulnerable....." as she ran back into combat, this was her character talking, not her typing it in the chat, and a large male norn player character who had ran past me after losing his pants started saying something along the lines of "By the bear! is it just me or is it cold all of a sudden!"
I'm sure it was something that was supposed to let the players themselves know they had lost armour pieces, but for the people fighting by their side like me it was absolutely hilarious, the norn one especially made me cry with laughter, as i can just imagine a norn being so pre ocupied by a good battle that he failed to realise he had lost his pants.
Cant help but wonder if fully naked (AKA just in underwear) characters have different dialogue copared to ones who had just lost one piece.
- Combat: Was even better than i could have imagined, had some bad lag on Friday that made combat near impossible, but after Saturday update to the servers combat was a hell of alot more fun. and i especially love how our characters vocalise what conditions they have "AHH my leg!" For crippled, "I...I CAN'T SEE!" for blind, and so forth and so forth, was a very nice touch.
- Nostalgia: Seeing the old Lions arch and working out the layout, going and running up the lighthouse which is apparently the only surviving piece of the original LA still intact, and seeing the sunken Temple of the ages (And being mauled to death by the veteran fish that patrols the waters there....), didnt go to Ascalon as i didn't want to do to much, nor did i do the personal story beyond the tutorial as i wanted to avoid spoilers.
- The Art: I absolutely love the look of the game, but what i found to be a nice touch was the outside of the UI, which on the sides and top and bottom, looks slightly torn or splashed with dark paint, it makes the game screen look like a moving painting, a very nice touch.