I have played Guild Wars since day one, 7 years ago. My wife and I absolutely fell in LOVE with it. In that 7 years, we have purchased 5 accounts, all with updates/chapters. We have bought the BMP, merc slots, extra character slots, costumes, ...the whole 9 yards.
Well, as it stands, we have spent $60 on GW2, and that will be it (unless something changes). Reason?
1. I FRICKIN HATE not having point-and-click movement.
2. I FRICKIN HATE not being able to doubleclick to interact, either with NPCs or enemies.
3. I FRICKIN HATE not having the red dots on the compass to see where the baddies are.
4. I FRICKIN HATE having to loot the bodies, instead of the drops just hitting the ground, so you can determine whether you want to walk over there and pick it up.
5. I FRICKIN HATE getting the "Out-of-Range" message. Just move me INTO range!
Those are my main complaints about the game. I'm no fan of the cut scenes, but THAT I can deal with.