PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate gw2!!!

I hate gw2!!!

I have played Guild Wars since day one, 7 years ago. My wife and I absolutely fell in LOVE with it. In that 7 years, we have purchased 5 accounts, all with updates/chapters. We have bought the BMP, merc slots, extra character slots, costumes, ...the whole 9 yards.

Well, as it stands, we have spent $60 on GW2, and that will be it (unless something changes). Reason?

1. I FRICKIN HATE not having point-and-click movement.
    2. I FRICKIN HATE not being able to doubleclick to interact, either with NPCs or enemies.
    3. I FRICKIN HATE not having the red dots on the compass to see where the baddies are.
    4. I FRICKIN HATE having to loot the bodies, instead of the drops just hitting the ground, so you can determine whether you want to walk over there and pick it up.
    5. I FRICKIN HATE getting the "Out-of-Range" message. Just move me INTO range!

Those are my main complaints about the game. I'm no fan of the cut scenes, but THAT I can deal with.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    lol.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I played GW1 since NF, loved it, eventually did everything a few times over and went to do something else. I got all the chapters, a 2nd account with only factions, the BMP came free with EotN, I have 3 mercs, a few char slots, and a few costumes. Therefore I have credibility?

I got the GW2 CE, and not regretting it.

Honestly, I have a hard time with your complaints.
    1) You knew that well in advance.
    2) meh
    3) Makes the game more interesting imo
    4) meh, also, autoloot is awesome.
    5) meh

Really, the game is broken because of that? Please.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Total GW1 fan here, 10k+ hours, will defend that game to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Saldonus Darkholme View Post
    Well, as it stands, we have spent $60 on GW2, and that will be it (unless something changes). Reason?

1. I FRICKIN HATE not having point-and-click movement.
    2. I FRICKIN HATE not being able to doubleclick to interact, either with NPCs or enemies.
    3. I FRICKIN HATE not having the red dots on the compass to see where the baddies are.
    4. I FRICKIN HATE having to loot the bodies, instead of the drops just hitting the ground, so you can determine whether you want to walk over there and pick it up.
    5. I FRICKIN HATE getting the "Out-of-Range" message. Just move me INTO range!
    1. lol yeah it sucks I hope they fix it
    2. You can double click to interact. But you have to run up to them first. Or right click apparently.
    3. Ok... Well yeah... I admit enemies could be hard to spot sometimes.
    4. Activate auto loot? Anyway I agree. It should drop on the ground (and be visible only to your client, not to everyone).
    5. See 1.

And agreed on the cutscenes.

I agree with #5.

That's it.

Maybe you should stick to GW1 then.

You didn't think they spent 4(?) years making the same game all over again did you?

You could try giving constructive feedback instead of saying I HATE ALL OF THIS

Totally disagree with the out of range stuff. It tells you before you attack that you're out of range, if you're too lazy to listen to that, then you deserve to miss. I certainly don't want the computer moving my character when combat is that interactive.

Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    I am going to love GW2. It made me sad to return to the old grind today.

Veritas Invictus ~ The TRUE Guild

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    What really bugs me is that all of those things seem relatively minor in comparison.

Like if I complained about no click-to-move in a fps, I'd get laughed at. And looting taking one extra step (if you FRIGGIN HATE autoloot), not a gamebreaker. Red dots on compass actually has it's reason as well, I'd rather they stay off as much as I'd rather they stay on in GW1. Red dots would totally mess up WvW, stealth, and mesmers.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about