PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

BaR; Dii

Lore unexplained

I thought it'd be good to comply a list of lore still unexplained and if this somehow reminds developers to address those, great!

Right now I can only think of the following:

Bahktek: This guy remains to be very mysterious. Perhaps we will find out more about him in GW2 but I kinda doubt it. Who is he, where did he come from, and what is his purpose?

Seers: I'd love to know more about them - not much are known about them other than that they are the Mursaats' enemy.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Bahktek, yes...where has that loon been?

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    Seers and Mursaat always... seemed like two sides of the same coin to me. Kind of like the (spoiler for the Mass Effect games in case someone hasn't played ME2)
    Spoiler

But I'd love more tangible lore on the Mursaat, as well as more on the Seers. I have read many of the great theories over the years, but some actual canon lore would be nice.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Mursaat. Maybe I'm the only one that noticed this (the notes section)...we ARE getting more on the Mursaat. I would expect something of the seers as well.

Perhaps we shouldn't include Mursaat/Seers in a list of unexplained lore? Or maybe have a list that is separated into stuff we hope to see, and stuff we will see.

Myself, personally, after running around in GW2 in the BWE, I'm interesting in a few simple things, like what happened to Bergen Hot Springs, why there is a ship in the water where Ascalon City was (I'm pretty sure there is a ship there, I hope I didn't just simply imagine seeing a mast and sails), and who some of the statues around Eir's home are in Hoelbrak and who some of the statues in Black Citadel are. There were obviously some familiar ones, Jora, Kalla Scorchrazor, and I think I remember seeing one of Pyre Fierceshot, and there were a few others too. But some of the other ones didn't seem familiar.

Achievements:
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

Perhaps there are no ships because the waters are dangerously full of pirates and Zhaitan's goons roaming the seas. I think I did also see a boat somewhere though (besides those making up the city); don't quite remember.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by CMEPTb View Post
    Perhaps there are no ships because the waters are dangerously full of pirates and Zhaitan's goons roaming the seas. I think I did also see a boat somewhere though (besides those making up the city); don't quite remember.
    Ummm...I never said anything about Lions Arch...please re-read what I said...

Achievements:
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

Yup, Ascalon--thought LA for some reason, started talking about LA. Speaking of LA, I wonder if the ships underneath the city and scattered around--how far they were out in the ocean to be hurled inland from the dragon; some may have just simply drifted in damaged afterwards too--I think damaged ships drifting in would have been used for the city rather than being shoved "whole" underneath it though, not being any kind of structural foundation for the port city as seen by swimming around underneath.

Next time I am under there, I am going to see if the ships differentiate from each other at all--though I think they were more or less the same.
    Last edited by Смерть; 02-05-2012 at 22:39.

+ The Mists, and the God Realms
    + The Flying Castle, now Isgarren's castle
    + Tyria's galaxy
    + The Bloodstones
    + The Isle of Janthir
    + The Mursaat / Seers
    + The scepter of Orr and Arah

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

BaR; Dii
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsfwd View Post
    Mursaat.
    Perhaps we shouldn't include Mursaat/Seers in a list of unexplained lore? Or maybe have a list that is separated into stuff we hope to see, and stuff we will see.
    I probably didn't make myself clear - the intention was to make a list of lore-related items in Guild Wars (P, F, NF, EoTN, Beyond GW) which Anet still haven't addressed or elaborated upon at this point. If this somehow prods Anet to add more information on those either in GW (very unlikely) or in GW2, great!

Upon the official release of GW2, we could go back to this list and cross off items as we find out more in-game. If renaming this thread will help to make this intention clear, I'm fine with that.

I'd include the Mursaat - I'd love to learn more about them. It does appear that we will learn more about Mursaat in GW2 - great! I'd just like to see something concenrate in-game first before dismissing the Mursaat.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Well, the map does clearly have an area marked "Sea of Janthir" and "Isles of Janthir". That's a hope.