PC Gaming News
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Well, ANet said they needed help making their job easier...

I highly doubt it's going to be this weekend, there needs to be some advance notice after all. Plus the last time they did a stress test they had one weekend between it and the beta event and this time the stress test was on a Monday instead of a weekend so it might even be hard for them to finish everything up by the weekend of the 25th. So it'll probably either be then or the first weekend in June.

Also, am I the only one tempted to e-mail the person who posted those screenshots to basically tell them that they aren't too bright? I mean, it doesn't even tell us anything other than that Anet realizes someone has to test the asura/sylvari. For those thinking that we'll be able to play either race because of those screenshots all I can say is: Keep hoping, I know I am. I mean, it would be nice, but those screenshots aren't evidence that we'll be able to play either race before the game releases.
    Last edited by djacob; 16-05-2012 at 00:01.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    maybe it's ANet providing disinformation?

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Aliens.

I'm already experiencing severe withdrawal. After last night's stint in PvP (still can't get over how much fun I had, things are starting to click into place, getting ideas for character builds etc), I dreamed about GW2.

I wish I was kidding.
    Dea Draconis Friendship is Magic Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    I thought about it all day at work. So many traits to try, so little time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    The worst part about this is that we got a taste and we still have no idea when the heck release is. I feel like one of those people on Intervention. "ANet, I'll go to rehab, but you gotta give me 20 minutes of play time before I get on the plane."

It's worth noting that the weekend after next is a long holiday weekend in the US. I get the feeling they'd aim for that, because they consistently aim for IRL holidays and then piss a bunch of people off.

I'm indifferent. I have plans for the weekend, but I will also have plenty of free time if they choose to use it.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    HOLY COW you're right! I'm off the 28th!! This is a great surprise.

Lol, yeah this holiday always catches me by surprise too RDarken. I was talking in some guild forums about when I thought the next bwe would be, and someone asked why the bwe would be on memorial day weekend. I was like, oh umm... yeah there is a holiday isn't there? I went on to say that it's still possible because Monday would be after the bwe is over, but that it probably will be more likely to be the following weekend due to the holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffball View Post
    It's worth noting that the weekend after next is a long holiday weekend in the US. I get the feeling they'd aim for that, because they consistently aim for IRL holidays and then piss a bunch of people off.

I'm indifferent. I have plans for the weekend, but I will also have plenty of free time if they choose to use it.
    I would think they might want to give their employees a holiday, too. Sure, they could just give them the following weekend or something, but that's not the same.

I hope they don't have it that weekend, as I'll be out of town. I wouldn't be surprised if others were, too. I mean, even Wintersday isn't inconvenient; how many people are out of town for New Year's Day but not Christmas? I'm hoping they'll apply similar logic here and hold it the following weekend, if not this one.