PC Gaming News

Thread: GW 2 BWE 1 Cons

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]

GW 2 BWE 1 Cons

Let me start out by saying that I loved the time I got to spend in Guild Wars 2 this weekend. If I had not already pre-purchased it, I would buy it without hesitation. I actually sort of feel like I cannot go back to other, lesser games after playing Guild Wars 2. But instead [...]

(Feature by RDarken)
    More...
    Last edited by Lensor; 02-05-2012 at 06:10.
    IGN Bark N Mad. Officer in The Order of Dii [Dii]

Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Well done!

Veritas Invictus ~ The TRUE Guild

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Dawwww thanks

Excellent writing. I enjoyed it.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Thanks, Rob! Appreciate it.

Well done, RDarken.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I like that you give your opinion, but you also actually provide information about how the game works (or doesn't) in a way that people can judge for themselves if it's a big deal for them. Good job.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Great article. Regarding scaling, I thought Anet said somewhere it will bring higher level characters down, but not to the exact level, and you'll still have higher level armor and weapons. Also, if you're having trouble with something and it's a matter of not knowing how to fight it vs. not being strong enough to fight it, having more people would still be (potentially) helpful.

Grouping will be interesting, I didn't see much talk of getting together to do dungeons which is where I think it will be used the most.

I did party up with friends and even though we couldn't find each other to play together easily (!) we could keep doing our own thing and chat together in team/party chat. And their typed comments would show up in word bubbles by their faces in the party "window" so you didn't have to look at chat to read them. That was nice. I think it even showed their skill bar (I never asked to be sure, I just saw skills).

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Thanks again all =D

Quote Originally Posted by BladeDVD View Post
    Great article. Regarding scaling, I thought Anet said somewhere it will bring higher level characters down, but not to the exact level, and you'll still have higher level armor and weapons. Also, if you're having trouble with something and it's a matter of not knowing how to fight it vs. not being strong enough to fight it, having more people would still be (potentially) helpful.
    A level 80 scaled down will be stronger than a natural level due to better gear (and potentially access to more skills / skill slots), but, from what I saw, levels in areas / personal story are fixed. Even at level 4 or 5, the game was would take me down to level 3, for example.