Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Piken Square
    Guild

WHGT
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    Perhaps, but you're not worried that it would get lost in all the chaos? I mean, our complaint is that there's too much going on on screen at once, right? So we're asking them to add something else as a solution? I kind of felt like even the HP bar as it currently is got a little lost, but maybe that's just because my eye isn't trained yet.
    I'd almost suggest to make it similar to SWTOR, where the currently selected entity is shown at the bottom in a special area just for that - you immediately see the name, face (whatever for), range, buff/debuff and current action.

Of course, that'll draw attention to the UI again (bad) and give too much information...

But it would make it easier to know what the other person is currently doing - and it's not going to disappear below other effects, because this part of the UI has to remain visible at all costs.

Besides, as it would be next to your main UI, you'd not have to look around the screen every time but probably can just glance at it if you notice a longer charge-up.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    When I target something, I want the game to go into bullet-time and show me my foe's facial expression as it realizes it has been targeted for death. Then, when I attack, I want slow-mo X-ray displays of the internal damage I cause. Because Hollywood! Hollywood!
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    When I target something, I want the game to go into bullet-time and show me my foe's facial expression as it realizes it has been targeted for death. Then, when I attack, I want slow-mo X-ray displays of the internal damage I cause. Because Hollywood! Hollywood!
    We'll call it, Michael Bay mode :P And it wouldn't be complete without a flock of white doves taking to the air in slowmotion, and a US flag flapping in the background, while US army choppers fly towards a beautiful sunset.
    Last edited by Rob Van Der Sloot; 03-05-2012 at 17:09.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    100 Posts10 Posts1 year registeredBlogger1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    I'd almost suggest to make it similar to SWTOR, where the currently selected entity is shown at the bottom in a special area just for that - you immediately see the name, face (whatever for), range, buff/debuff and current action.

Of course, that'll draw attention to the UI again (bad) and give too much information...

But it would make it easier to know what the other person is currently doing - and it's not going to disappear below other effects, because this part of the UI has to remain visible at all costs.

Besides, as it would be next to your main UI, you'd not have to look around the screen every time but probably can just glance at it if you notice a longer charge-up.
    Well there is already a target indicator with its buffs and debuffs on top of the screen, that is just a very inconvenient place, if we could move it down it would be way handier. About ui and too much info, in a way Anet already gives way more info then fx WoW does by mentioning the skills/abilities of the NPC/mob in question under its healthbar when selected. It doesnt show a castbar though and that should remain that way, learn to read the mob instead of the ui! That doesnt mean we couldnt have a better range indicator as the one given now isn't exactly super clear.
    Last edited by Shrandar; 03-05-2012 at 18:34.

I guess just because GW2 is SO different from GW1, I'd feel like it's a step backwards to add the GW1 casting bars. I do however agree that something HAS to be done. I don't know if they could tone down the spell effects, or add more transparency to them, but it IS too hard to see anything in a mid to large size battle.

It's simple, GW2 melee combat is built around players reacting to foes preparing to attack.

But if you can't see the foe, the whole concept is a disaster. You can't watch for a windup when you can't even see the foe period.

The simplest way would probably be the casting bars. I would be in favor of those as well as toning down the spell effects to make players more able to see their opponents.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

A dead one (SF)
    I should be able to tell what a mob is doing by actually looking at it. Anet doesn't want people staring at casting bars, and neither do I. So my proposed changes:

1) Reduce spell/particle effects. I'm being Captain Obvious here. This is probably the most common complaint I've seen, and Anet knows it. They've said spell effects will scale depending on the number of players on screen, which is nice, but I'd go a step further and allow us to further scale down said effects via a slider in the graphics settings. Hell, maybe even give us an additional slider so we can scale down our own effects.

2) Bring back the red aura. I'm sure some of you remember the glowing red aura that used to outline your target? I admit, I was one of those people that complained how cheesy it looked, but after finally playing the game, I realize how useful (perhaps needed?) it was. This would show exactly where the mob is (which depending on the size of the mob could get lost in the chaos) and what it was doing. Give us the option of keybinding the red aura so we can quickly turn it on/off when we need it.

3) Increase the sparkly effect that a mob does just before it's special attack a little more.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    A suggestion I saw frequently was the option to bring back the red outline of your target (like what True Reptile mentions)
    And that outline would be visible through any particle effects or models.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B-s9-rsBiU&t=8m11s
    Then you can at least get a better idea of the enemy's different animations.

Yeah, I would be highly in favor of having that outline again. It would help a lot. Or some kind of warning icon above the head of the enemy, like on that screenshot from Batman Arkham City. It works so well in Batman.