PC Gaming News
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered

Lack of IMS on weapon skills - does it bug you?

Odds are I wouldn't make the thread if it didn't bug me a little.

Here's the thing: I know Guardian has a pretty good number of skills for closing distance (leaps, teleports, and the like) but sometimes you just need to run someone down and bash them with your hammer and a tele isn't going to cover it.

And as I look over at the Elementalist, I see quite a few options for speed boosts that feel a bit superfluous given the nature of their roles (not entirely superfluous, but enough that I didn't feel I needed ALL of them), while we're stuck with "Retreat!". It's a good skill, but I'm not sure if I always want to use a utility slot on it.

Anyone else wish there was just one IMS on a Guardian weapon choice (maybe the focus)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I'm not sure exactly what an IMS is... Speed boost?

Anyway, what doesn't a teleport cover what you need? In addition to the one skill with a speed boost that you indicated, it looks like you also have a couple of teleport utility skills. Staff appears to have a skill that grants swiftness, too.

Staff does, but it's a symbol that has to be cast and then stood in for a moment before it takes effect - and even then, it's so short. The teles are fine for PvE, where things will likely keep rushing you, but people who do the thinking thing will see the tele, roll out of the way, and kite away while laughing at my lack of long range damage or means to catch them when the tele is on cool down. It just feels like it's missing.

We've not seen all skills yet. Cross fingers and pray.

My necro has no finisher in his utilities, and almost no weapons offer one. Staff has 3 so I feel forced to carry a staff in area heavy groups. So be happy to at least have this skill in your utilities so it's always available.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    RETREAT!

No, seriously.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Retreat!%22

Hella long cooldown, though.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

It really needs to be renamed. No one's using it to get away, that I saw.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    I used it once, as I was killing a thief and some engineer showed up, then they both ran after me relentlessly until I died.
    So the retreat was unsuccessful anyway.

Also a trait reduces cooldowns of shouts by 20%, but a 48 cooldown for 15 seconds of running is still rather long.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Everyone has weaknesses. Guardian isn't the most mobile of classes, I'm pretty sure that's by design considering how good they are at area control. Stick by a warrior or ranger with a warhorn or an air ele, you'll get your speedboost.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyy High View Post
    Everyone has weaknesses. Guardian isn't the most mobile of classes, I'm pretty sure that's by design considering how good they are at area control. Stick by a warrior or ranger with a warhorn or an air ele, you'll get your speedboost.
    Ugh, other people?! Surely you jest. Are their party boosts limited to a certain number of folks, too (I'd imagine yes)?