PC Gaming News
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    As for "Hearts", I'm disappointed that they tend to lock-out content after finishing them.
    The Norn area south-east of Vigil HQ for example.
    There's an arena and cages where you can fight monsters and stuff to "prove your skills".
    So I did the solo-monsters until I got the heart filled.
    Wanted to go into the group-battle arena, but it was all "NOPE! You've proven yourself already so there's no need to!".
    Last edited by Karuro; 12-06-2012 at 14:38.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    100 Posts10 Posts1 year registeredBlogger1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Karuro View Post
    As for "Hearts", I'm disappointed that they tend to lock-out content after finishing them.
    The Norn area south-east of Vigil HQ for example.
    There's an arena and cages where you can fight monsters and stuff to "prove your skills".
    So I did the solo-monsters until I got the heart filled.
    Wanted to go into the group-battle arena, but it was all "NOPE! You've proven yourself already so there's no need to!".

I tend to agree with this, I feel it goes a bit against the "whole game is endgame" idea. Now indefinately doing heart tasks might not be everyone's idea of fun but once all are filled they are not available as content anymore.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    Better? They have better skills. And thus can hinder me more (snares, knock downs, poisons) which means I must think about what skills to use against what enemies.
    I noticed early mobs also had good skills. You could ignore them, but you killed them faster and safer if you acted appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by Karuro View Post
    Really? I am not a fan of this. I hope they change it. Cut out or severely reduce the rewards, fine, but cut out the actual content? No thanks.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

I agree on the above, the content should still be available (though not give rewards).

Hmm, that said, some content is still available, but not all of it.

Between the two BWEs, I only had enough time to play through Queensdale, around level 16.

Now that people have had a chance to progress further in the game, are you finding the mob group compositions to be more complex? Are renown hearts in fact just more of the same, whether or not you like them?

In Gendarran Fields near Nebo Terrace, there was one where you can feed cows to finish it, so yeah there's a lot of repetition in hearts. Dynamic events seemed to happen more though, maybe because other players were figuring out how to trigger them (I never caught on myself, I was a DE noob but I did enjoy doing them when they popped up). Also, there was a heart with orrian corpses that we needed to clean up, good to see the orrian lore start to come in, hopefully later on they'll play a much larger part in hearts, and "feed the cows" will play into things a little less. I don't mind them in some zones, but if I get up to a high level zone where slaying dragons is a common activity, it'll feel odd to be walking around giving cows their lunch will seem odd to me... now, saving them from becoming lunch, that's a different story.

Mob group compositions are still fairly segregated, pirates don't hang out with centaurs you know? But I do think that there's more skill variety in groups, and I did fight a veteran/champion (I don't remember) spider at the same time as some oozes spawned. So it does seem like it gets more complex, yes.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Yeah, you could have really cool hearts. Interacting with the environment could be loading up cannons or repairing defensive structures.

I hope later hearts are like that, and DEs are more often, but we'll see. So far I liked what I saw, I just think there's potential for making it grow, much like it could just be disappointing copy & paste (doubtful).
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry jam View Post
    I agree on the above, the content should still be available (though not give rewards).

Hmm, that said, some content is still available, but not all of it.
    And it should possibly have some way to cash in the corresponding quest items. I ended up with about 60 of them for the destroyer area, after killing enough destroyers to complete the heart without turning them in.

Yes hearts not reactivating is a bit disappointing. Maybe hearts should counts "tiers" without rewards so at least you have some form of progress for helping friends.

Of course without achievements or any sort of tangible reward, it should basically be about you without any other people's peen involved.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyHarmon View Post
    And it should possibly have some way to cash in the corresponding quest items. I ended up with about 60 of them for the destroyer area, after killing enough destroyers to complete the heart without turning them in.
    No, quest items that are no longer needed should simply and silently disappear from your inventory.