PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    In WvW, it's not griefing, it's war.
    Well, really the point of WvW is to PVP, but with some PVE rewards. You don't go into WvW to PVE. Not really the same thing as I understood it.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    100 Posts10 Posts1 year registeredBlogger1000 Experience Points
    Yeah what the Tera people were complaining about was the lack of pvp during the hearts and DE's. Blade is right that the choice to have no competition in this area of the game is a choice/feature. People can still miss it ofcourse but its a bit like missing elves in Star Wars.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeDVD View Post
    Well, really the point of WvW is to PVP, but with some PVE rewards. You don't go into WvW to PVE. Not really the same thing as I understood it.
    Exactly.

There's some PvE-ish stuff to do, like dynamic events where you compete for NPC's favor, or random monsters to kill.

As for the rewards though, I wish they'd be fit for advancement. XP was too low for example, so even leveling weapon skills was a pain. There's no reason for that, but likely that'll get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrandar View Post
    Yeah what the Tera people were complaining about was the lack of pvp during the hearts and DE's. Blade is right that the choice to have no competition in this area of the game is a choice/feature. People can still miss it ofcourse but its a bit like missing elves in Star Wars.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    In WvW, it's not griefing, it's war.
    But to be fair, in open-world PvP, it's also war, at least sometimes.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Open World PvP is annoying. If I'm PvEing, especially in the generic areas of the world, I probably want it done with as soon as possible. If someone is sitting around waiting to gank me, it's going to take my longer to do what I want to do. So for there being no open-world PvP, I am glad. Plenty of time to go fight in WvW or sPvP.
    Dea Draconis Friendship is Magic Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

Quote Originally Posted by kokabel View Post
    Open World PvP is annoying. If I'm PvEing, especially in the generic areas of the world, I probably want it done with as soon as possible. If someone is sitting around waiting to gank me, it's going to take my longer to do what I want to do. So for there being no open-world PvP, I am glad. Plenty of time to go fight in WvW or sPvP.
    It's annoying. It's also very destructive for the community IMO.