Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    Quote Originally Posted by satenia View Post
    May I ask what the reason is for switching for other games?

While I've considered a Naga before, it does look a bit over-sized, which sort of put me off so far. I've been using a Deathadder for years, simply cause it's light to move around and compact to hold easily. But I'd sure love some extra buttons...
    The Naga is smaller than a Deathadder or Mamba. And the reason that I switch is that I prefer not to have the number grid in games where it isn't necessary. Sometimes you only need 2 thumb buttons. (and I already had the Mamba...)

Naga is the best mouse I know. Couldn't use another one again. Now to convince my boss that I need one at work for all the hotkeys.

Current configuration design:
    12345 f1f2f3f4 stay as they are. I can reach those easily. It's the 6+ and ` that irk me.

Naga:
    [heal] [empty] [elite]
    [util1] [util2] [util3]
    [empty row]
    [switch weap] [empty] [empty]

This currently looks like a relatively good design. Improvements can be suggested. I do have the feeling I'm forgetting a crucial combat mechanic.

I wouldn't normally recommend the Naga, but it might be good for this game. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry jam View Post
    I wouldn't normally recommend the Naga, but it might be good for this game. Not sure.
    Do you say that because you always want to disagree with me, or because you just happen to always disagree with me. In the first case I know to henceforth ignore you, in the second case I know you have a unique opinion which I respect. In the second case I'm interested why you would not recommend the naga for hotkey intensive games like mmo's.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    So people know what we're talking about...

So it's a mouse with a keyboard attacked to it. ;)

My Logitech has 8 buttons, only 5 of them matter because the other 3 are places in bad places. I forget, but I assume GW2 uses the standard 3 buttons (not sure what middle button does), so that leaves me with 2 buttons to configure. At least I don't have to assign walking, so maybe heal + elite?
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

It's also fun for binding stuff like double click/triple click and repeaters. Makes sweet tooth much cheaper by using non-spammable sweets at 50g instead of spammable at 200g.

Quote Originally Posted by harniq View Post
    Do you say that because you always want to disagree with me, or because you just happen to always disagree with me. In the first case I know to henceforth ignore you, in the second case I know you have a unique opinion which I respect. In the second case I'm interested why you would not recommend the naga for hotkey intensive games like mmo's.
    You misunderstand. A lot of people referenced the Naga in this thread. I don't give a **** about you personally.

But since you ask: I find the Naga difficult to use efficiently, finding that constantly moving the thumb and keeping it in the middle part of the left side of the mouse, reduces fine control. One could retain fine control through palm contact, but it's a quite small mouse, so that is not possible either.

Normally, you have 100+ potential hotkeys on the keyboard in front of you. However, in GW2, many of your fingers will be blocked due to the rather bad control scheme. That means that the Naga could still maybe be a good choice for GW2 specifically.

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    in regards to the naga and its size, its a pretty small mouse if its not standard size. its also very lightweight and moves seamlessly. im not sure what raspberry is referring to, controlling the mouse isnt an issue for me or anyone that i know with this mouse. i mean your thumb literally lays right on it and is real easy to hit the buttons and still move the mouse seamlessly.

also like i said id recommend this mouse to anyone. great investment and youll never want to play without it.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I can see using the thumb to press buttons AND to move the mouse as causing control issues, that is, even if the user is not necessarily aware of those issues. Thankfully though, MMORPGs (GW2 included) don't tend to require much speeded precision like fps games do, because I can see the naga not working for fps.

As I play both kinds of games (and more), I think the naga would be a bad investment for me.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about