PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I've been using the Orochi for several years now, as I tend to claw-grip while playing and it's size is good for that. Still has plenty of buttons for GW2, now that I'm not assigning any for hero micro. I think the naga might be a bit overkill for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    BTW, I made a thread about that in the Game Tools forum in January

http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...r-Guild-Wars-2
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    I can see using the thumb to press buttons AND to move the mouse as causing control issues, that is, even if the user is not necessarily aware of those issues. Thankfully though, MMORPGs (GW2 included) don't tend to require much speeded precision like fps games do, because I can see the naga not working for fps.

As I play both kinds of games (and more), I think the naga would be a bad investment for me.
    the only time i notice that i have a issue with this mouse is when i have to use 10,11,12 buttons on the naga. even then i can still control my mouse pretty easily.
    my thumb isnt even needed for control over this mouse. pretty much comes down to my ring finger and the upper palm of my hand under my pointer and middle. this pretty much allows my thumb to move freely without issues.

i havent tried any FPS but i know my friends play them with this mouse and say it works great

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    I used one of the thumb-buttons on my Deathadder for playing ME3 and - like Alaris mentioned - found it a bit awkward to move the mouse and use the button at the same time (I'm moving the mouse with thumb and little finger). But I guess you don't really need those extra buttons to play FPS/action games anyway.

The Naga is advertised as a MMORPG mouse after all and I can see how it would work there. Happy to hear it's small and light (picture sort of makes it look huge), I'm really tempted to give it a try now.

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    lol yeah the pic doesnt do it any justice, i took some pics to put it a little more into perspective for you. i do have semi big hands so it was hard to get used to at first seeing how i was using the HUGE cataclysm mouse for WoW. my thumb sits right in the middle of the num pad, making 1-9 easy to hit, 10-12 i have to bend my thumb a lot and isnt that comfortable so i try and avoid those.
    Attachment 307
    hope this helps anyone out
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Raww; 01-08-2012 at 20:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Raww View Post
    my thumb isnt even needed for control over this mouse.
    Your thumb is always needed for optimal control.

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    how is that so when i can control just as well when my thumb is off the mouse and its just my hand? maybe ive just grown accustomed to using my thumb for attacks rather then control, because my upper palm and pointer/middle/ring fingers are really doing all the control when im playing. guess im just different :( but i wouldnt have it any other way

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    I got one today As it turns out, it's even a tad bit smaller than the previous mouse I had, it's really funny how it looks like a tank on the pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by Raww View Post
    how is that so when i can control just as well when my thumb is off the mouse and its just my hand? maybe ive just grown accustomed to using my thumb for attacks rather then control, because my upper palm and pointer/middle/ring fingers are really doing all the control when im playing. guess im just different :( but i wouldnt have it any other way
    What got my attention immediately is that you have this "bulge" (for the lack of a better word), on the right side, which you can actually use to move the mouse comfortably to the right with the ring or little finger. That won't work as nicely with a regular shaped mouse. This helps free up the thumb immensely.

Also what should be mentioned is that you can still move the mouse perfectly with the thumb if you don't plan on using the extra buttons, they won't activate if you don't want them to.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the recommendation, pictures, etc. I'll be sure to blame you personally if it won't work out for me

(Now Anet, if you could just bring on the next BWE please, it's important that I can test this with GW2...)

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by satenia View Post
    Now Anet, if you could just bring on the next BWE please, it's important that I can test this with GW2...
    Yep, needed, as GW1 has the bad habit of cancelling skills, if you move around.
    I made a skill bar full of Mesmer mantras to play around with on the Isle of the Nameless.

PS: I try to keep my thumb on the #4 button. This way I can move up to #1 - #3, swivel to #5 & #6 and retract to #7 & #10 pretty easy.
    #8 #9 #11 & #12 are the hardest to get right at my current state of training.
    Last edited by Gorani; 08-05-2012 at 21:03.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    yayyy im glad you got one!!!!! and yes that bulge on the side does help free up your thumb, good observation i didnt think of that since i forgot normal mouses dont have those(been so long since i touched a normal mouse lol) i hope you enjoy it and if there are probs feel free to yell at me :P