GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Hard-to-reach buttons could be for convenience stuff like map, inventory, etc.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    I prefer to rest my thumb on 5, so I can roll up and hit 2. 8 is just a bit further back, the keys on either side of those three keys are easy to hit with just a tiny roll of the finger. 10, 11 and 12 I usually assign to less than critical skills/functions because while my thumb "knows" where they are, they can be a bit uncomfortable to use often.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gamin.../ROCCAT-Kone-/

all you need, the rest is on the keyboard anyway.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowhand View Post
    I prefer to rest my thumb on 5, so I can roll up and hit 2. 8 is just a bit further back, the keys on either side of those three keys are easy to hit with just a tiny roll of the finger. 10, 11 and 12 I usually assign to less than critical skills/functions because while my thumb "knows" where they are, they can be a bit uncomfortable to use often.
    this is exactly what i do lol

lol that mouse comes with nothing and cost a lot... the naga comes with so much more for the same price if not less.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    the program has guild wars pre-programmed and is multitask build, the naga has a ton of buttons that just grimps the thumb, most of them are simply useless.
    i rather have a hand that doesn't hurt while playing a game rather then a mouse that just makes a ton of stress on just one finger, making the game a hell to play.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    100 Posts10 Posts1 year registeredBlogger1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    the program has guild wars pre-programmed and is multitask build, the naga has a ton of buttons that just grimps the thumb, most of them are simply useless.
    i rather have a hand that doesn't hurt while playing a game rather then a mouse that just makes a ton of stress on just one finger, making the game a hell to play.

I have been using the naga for a while and I was afraid of just what you are saying but honestly, once you get used to it, it is not a strain on the thumb at all, in fact I hardly notice it in every day use. The one you linked seems a nice alternative though, I like the idea of keeping it simple. The advantage of the naga is that it has functions directly available without having to resort to a modifier key (which is handy if modifiers are not supported) while the Kone seems to have a very functional design with minimal bulkiness.

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrandar View Post
    I have been using the naga for a while and I was afraid of just what you are saying but honestly, once you get used to it, it is not a strain on the thumb at all, in fact I hardly notice it in every day use. The one you linked seems a nice alternative though, I like the idea of keeping it simple. The advantage of the naga is that it has functions directly available without having to resort to a modifier key (which is handy if modifiers are not supported)
    this. i dont even notice it either, at first it took awhile for my thumb to get used to all those options because i was using the WoW cata mouse which had buttons all over it so it wasnt all thumb. there was a period of time that i really didnt like the mouse because i couldnt adjust to the buttons and how they were arranged. but it took me about a week of seriously play time to get 100% used to it and now i dont even notice hitting the buttons my thumb has memorized the pad and i dont even have to think about it anymore. 10,11,12 are the only buttons on the mouse that i dont like using for my attacks. saying most of them are useless is a pretty bold statement. i use every buttons on my mouse and even use the ones im already using with shift. i used to be like you, i used to hate on the naga when all my friends would talk about how good it is and id just blow it off. boy am i glad i finally sucked it up and got one, because i was an idiot for trying to act like it wasnt a good mouse before even using it.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    LOL BUMP

So, overall this mouse is recommended, right? Does it work with all games? I have been kicking around the idea of picking one up for GW2 & D3.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I had a razer back when, and even then it worked with all games. It came with software that let you program buttons to take over keyboard functionality. I assume the same is true with the new mice.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    So, overall this mouse is recommended, right? Does it work with all games? I have been kicking around the idea of picking one up for GW2 & D3.
    Well it's not like you absolutely have to make use of all the buttons, in D3 it already helps if you can activate skills 1-4 with the mouse when you are mostly holding down shift-key already.

Note that specifically for action-RPG titles they advertise the Naga Hex.

Either way, it takes some practice, but it's well worth it.