PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Can I play both games at the same time? I'd love to have a Day of the Tentacle kind of scenario where what I do in one timeline affects the other, as I play ;)
    I am pretty sure I was logged on to AFK on 9-rings while I was out blasting things away in Queensdale with a rifle. So yes, you can play both games at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokofiova View Post
    I started a ticket about this issue after the BWE and this is one of the responses I got:

Want to Change Your Email Address?

At this time, it is not possible to change your Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2 account name or email address. We will have this ability before Guild Wars 2 launches. We know that some players do not have a valid email address for their combined Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 account name, and we know those players really want to change it. However, it will be possible in the future.
    Well, there is a valid email address attached to my account and that email is what they use to communicate with me, so this information is a bit confusing. I think what they really mean is that we will be able to change our Username which was originally the email address.

I'm glad to hear that it will be possible to change it, although to be perfectly honest I don't think I care anymore. It's all the same to me.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:

GW2 and GW1 accounts that are linked use the same account name and some people don't like that that username is a no longer valid email address is how I read that.

Aside from personal preferences though, we should be able to change the account name for simple security reasons. Glad to hear they will be putting it in. That's a great news, thanks for sharing that Prokofiova.

Yea, your right Blade. It is a good thing. I guess that I've just been waiting a bit too long for them to fix it. I've lost interest in the point. My apologies if I seemed negative on this.

Now I'm wondering. Will GW1 players who don't link to a GW2 account finally be able to change usernames, or is this reserved for linked accounts?

I don't know. But if we assume ( I know! Bad Auntie! Never assume! ) that an account is an account regardless of whether it's linked or not, this should mean that when they work out the Username thing, it'll apply to GW1, GW2 and linked accounts.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Do linked accounts have to have the same email as username? I just preordered and was wondering if I can still link my soon to be GW2 account if I use a different, functional email address to create it.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie I View Post
    Yea, your right Blade. It is a good thing. I guess that I've just been waiting a bit too long for them to fix it. I've lost interest in the point. My apologies if I seemed negative on this.
    Negative? Hell, if there's one really stupid thing Anet ever did it was letting this happen and not fixing it for SEVEN+ YEARS!!! No one can be blamed for looking at this negatively. lol I just wanted to make sure anyone reading this and not familiar with the history understood that it was finally changing for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie I View Post
    I don't know. But if we assume ( I know! Bad Auntie! Never assume! ) that an account is an account regardless of whether it's linked or not, this should mean that when they work out the Username thing, it'll apply to GW1, GW2 and linked accounts.
    I concur with this. They are linked now, it should be done anyway. Hopefully whatever process they had to use to make the accounts linked like this included the future ability to change the account name log in for both GW1 and 2. I'm almost sure of it, though, like you, figure that stuff doesn't always work the way it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyndra View Post
    Do linked accounts have to have the same email as username? I just preordered and was wondering if I can still link my soon to be GW2 account if I use a different, functional email address to create it.
    I think you can already do that, but they did say you would be able to change your contact email to be different from the email that currently shows as your user name.

GWOnline.Net Member
    That's good to know. Just recently it occurred to me that my GW account name email isn't safe since I used it to register to Aionsource and they got hacked after that, so my info is out there somewhere. I have linked my GW account to NCSoft master account and so couldn't change the email, and after a few rounds with support they told me they couldn't change it either. I was getting pretty worried about what that would mean for me for GW2. I really hope I'll be able to change the account name completely before launch, not just the contact info.

Well, if you're worried, just change your GW password and make it a strong one.

Brute forcing is pretty hard to do on GW1 as they introduce delays the more wrong passwords you input, and they now need a character name too.