PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    Which, by the way, was great.
    True, it was a great movie, in spite of Ledger dying halfway through and being replaced by three other actors. They also did a damn fine job of working the changes in appearance into the story, instead of CGIing Ledger's face onto his stunt double (something I read they briefly considered before Depp and company stepped in, and a solution I'm glad they didn't follow through with).

But still completely overshadowed. You'd be amazed by how many people have never even heard of "Imaginarium", and think Dark Knight was his last film.

How can you not like the series that invented Harley Quinn? And no one ever died or got maimed. Best show ever.
    Not true. Harvey Dent got maimed, badly.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayren View Post
    I honestly think if you like any Batman movie more than Dark Knight it's simply to be contrarian or "indie" or some such nonsense
    when Jim carry is in a movie it's bound to be better, not to mention that he almost took the whole show for him self
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Quote Originally Posted by BladeDVD View Post
    I wish I had seen the Marvel super hero movies leading up to the Avengers (Thor, Captain America). I really liked the Iron Man movies and the two most recent attempts at the Hulk, while not great by any means, were certainly entertaining in parts.
    Thor is actually probably the most relevant movie to the plot, as it establishes who Loki is and what his deal even is

but it's not hard to pick up on, either

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
    Not true. Harvey Dent got maimed, badly.
    Two-Face doesn't count! That's the whole point of the character! But, anyway, you barely saw anything, especially compared to stuff like Batgirl getting crippled, the second Robin being murdered, or even in the Batman Beyond flashback where Batman gets shot in the leg and the third Robin gets tortured.

Batgirl getting crippled,
    She got better.

the second Robin being murdered,
    He got better.

Never watched Batman Beyond, so no idea about that.

And I'm yanking your chain. Re-read my first response- I said "I can't argue with this". That means I agree with you. You're defending your position anyway?

BTW, those two characters? Wasn't kidding. Batgirl's not paralyzed anymore, and Robin II is back from the dead. Both are part of DC rebooting their entire universe to simplify continuity and royally mucking it up again. That's comics for you.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 Posts1 year registered1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

MVOP
    Quote Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
    She got better.

He got better.

Never watched Batman Beyond, so no idea about that.

And I'm yanking your chain. Re-read my first response- I said "I can't argue with this". That means I agree with you. You're defending your position anyway?

BTW, those two characters? Wasn't kidding. Batgirl's not paralyzed anymore, and Robin II is back from the dead. Both are part of DC rebooting their entire universe to simplify continuity and royally mucking it up again. That's comics for you.
    Actually, I believe that was before the New 52 thing DC is doing. If I'm remembering right, the second Robin was brought back through the Lazerus pits and went completely psycho and became Red Hood.

And yeah, I remember that Batman Beyond movie. That one also had someone getting killed too.

And I'll agree with Jim Carry. While the movies did loose a little from the Tim Burton flicks, it also felt, I don't know, more campy. Which hey, is fine with me.

Those movies also had a pretty darn great Alfred in them.

Batman Beyond Spoilers: (combination of info from episodes, the movie Return of the Joker and the comic series)

Spoiler

Thing is, the recent line of comics tried to fit in the Beyond story into the existing DC timeline, which causes a lot of inconsistencies, mostly with Jason and Damian.
    Last edited by Sir Jack; 05-05-2012 at 17:48.

My 6 yr old kept asking when the movie will end... and he loves super hero movies and cartoons... so this is really how good it was.

There were three or four scenes that were funny and they all involved the HULK!!

Rest was just OK and nothing more.

I don't think the DARK KNIGHT is going to be beaten any time soon .. Even with Spider Man 4

Tapatalking

Quote Originally Posted by cursedseishi View Post
    Actually, I believe that was before the New 52 thing DC is doing. If I'm remembering right, the second Robin was brought back through the Lazerus pits and went completely psycho and became Red Hood.
    Might have. "He got better" still stands though. :P

To be honest, there weren't many DC titles that I read, and pretty much all of them got canceled in the reboot. I only read the first couple of issues of the New 52 titles before giving up completely. Some of the were good, but trying to keep track of what happened to who and when when half of it suddenly never happened after all... not worth the effort, since they'll probably be rebooting again in a couple of years.

I still can't believe they axed the First Wave titles for this crap. We finally get a good Doc Savage comic again, and the publishers have to drop it mid-plot for something happening in a bunch of unrelated titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jack View Post
    Thing is, the recent line of comics tried to fit in the Beyond story into the existing DC timeline, which causes a lot of inconsistencies, mostly with Jason and Damian.
    DC doesn't have a Timeline. DC has a twisted, scrambled mess which makes the Gordian Knot look like a simple bow.
    Last edited by Feannag; 05-05-2012 at 18:17.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    I saw a poster for the new Spider-Man yesterday. His head now looks like a red basketball, IMO.