PC Gaming News
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Avengers

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
    DC doesn't have a Timeline. DC has a twisted, scrambled mess which makes the Gordian Knot look like a simple bow.
    When you're doing comics it's easy. To escape time paradoxes, you just invent a whole new universe and/or dimension. And of course, superheroes from one universe can come into the other one if they want.
    mv

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    And I'm yanking your chain. Re-read my first response- I said "I can't argue with this". That means I agree with you. You're defending your position anyway?

BTW, those two characters? Wasn't kidding. Batgirl's not paralyzed anymore, and Robin II is back from the dead. Both are part of DC rebooting their entire universe to simplify continuity and royally mucking it up again. That's comics for you.
    Well, you were technically right about Two Face, so I responded.

So Oracle isn't Oracle anymore? I saw the New52 thing this morning. I kind of really like superman's new design...

And yes, second Robin was brought back to life as the Red Hood. I don't really follow comics, but I watch the heck out of the cartoons and then fact check them.

I'm not crazy about the depowering stuff in Marvel, either.

Tapatalk'd
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by Zayren View Post
    Thor is actually probably the most relevant movie to the plot, as it establishes who Loki is and what his deal even is

but it's not hard to pick up on, either
    Oh, if that's all then I feel less bad about it. I used to read a ton of comics in HS, so I know most of the basics of the characters. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MixedVariety View Post
    When you're doing comics it's easy. To escape time paradoxes, you just invent a whole new universe and/or dimension. And of course, superheroes from one universe can come into the other one if they want.
    They used to do that. Then at one point in the 80s or early 90s, DC tried to "simplify" all it's various timelines by having a big crossover event, in which they condensed all their universes into one. It was not a good idea, to put it mildly. All of the crossover events they've done since have been damage control.

Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    Well, you were technically right about Two Face, so I responded.

So Oracle isn't Oracle anymore? I saw the New52 thing this morning. I kind of really like superman's new design...
    She's back to being Batgirl, unless she got recrippled. No idea what they did with the pre-reboot Batgirl who was being mentored by Oracle.

And yes, second Robin was brought back to life as the Red Hood. I don't really follow comics, but I watch the heck out of the cartoons and then fact check them.
    Currently he's in "Red Hood and the Outlaws", along with what-his-name, Green Arrow's former sidekick (another reboot victim- though he seems to have gotten the better end of it. In the "Cry for Justice" miniseries, he lost an arm and his daughter- In the new 52 those events never happened; in fact, I think his kid was never even born.)

I'm not crazy about the depowering stuff in Marvel, either.
    I don't know about it. I gave up on Marvel when they forgot that "Mega-crossover events" stop being special when they're done non-stop. The Civil War/World War hulk/Secret invasion/Dark Reign/Fear itself storylines were done with one leading directly into the next, tying into every regular Marvel Universe title they put out, and not giving their readers even a slight break. I just got burned out.

The "Marvel Adventures" titles are cool though, and worth reading. Granted, they're for younger readers, but the more light-hearted style is the kind of fun that comic books used to be. Not sure if Marvel is still publishing them, though.
    Last edited by Feannag; 06-05-2012 at 15:01.

She's back to being Batgirl, unless she got recrippled. No idea what they did with the pre-reboot Batgirl who was being mentored by Oracle.
    I think she got uncrippled since I think Cassandra Cain is still around as Black Bat in Batman Inc., so unless she suddenly dissappeared, Barbara was Oracle at one point. Steph is gone though.

New 52 made a horrible mess of things though. It's a reboot that's not a reboot while rebooting several characters and unrebooting several others and trying to make it all fit.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jack View Post
    I think she got uncrippled
    Thank godness she wasn't shot in the knee.

I could not resist, sorry.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Thank godness she wasn't shot in the knee.
    Spinal cord.

I keep reading the title to this thread in this voice (at 0:05):

I think she got uncrippled since I think Cassandra Cain is still around as Black Bat in Batman Inc., so unless she suddenly dissappeared, Barbara was Oracle at one point. Steph is gone though.
    I looked it up. Wikipedia says:
    "In the new, revised continuity, the events of The Killing Joke took place three years before the current storyline, and while it is established she was paraplegic during that time, Barbara Gordon is written as having regained her mobility after undergoing experimental surgery at a South African clinic. Although she resumes her work as Batgirl one year after her recovery, she continues to suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder, causing her to hesitate in battle when exposed to gunfire that could result in receiving new spinal damage. The character also exhibits survivor guilt due to the fact she has made a full recovery from her paralysis while others have not."
    and
    "The status of Stephanie Brown following the events of Flashpoint remain unknown."

New 52 made a horrible mess of things though. It's a reboot that's not a reboot while rebooting several characters and unrebooting several others and trying to make it all fit.
    And it'll take another reboot to get them out of it- if they don't screw that one up, too.

Spinal cord.
    Skyrim joke. "I used to be a superhero like you..."

Skyrim joke. "I used to be a superhero like you..."
    Turned Reddit meme turned GW2 skill description.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by MixedVariety View Post
    marvel has it more organized tho, there you're at least told what parallel universe it is, DC makes a mess of things.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054