PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    They also had one of the marks to set up the a combo field then a second one to finish it as a blast. Chilblains and Putrid Mark IIRC, along with Necrotic Grasp (still think NG needs something else with it)

Quote Originally Posted by Malhavoc Adhamar View Post
    They also had one of the marks to set up the a combo field then a second one to finish it as a blast. Chilblains and Putrid Mark IIRC, along with Necrotic Grasp (still think NG needs something else with it)
    I tended to put up one of my wells and then targeted NG through the well and that worked for combos most of the time.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    When I was running around with Elementalist, and as soon as I had unlocked a fire wall ability, it was the first thing I tried to do. I found a thing swinging a sword at a giant spider, and put the wall down in between him and the spider. Seemed to work!

Also noticed a combo happening when I used a hammer skill on Guardian, combined with my friend's elementalist's frost aoe spell, whatever it was. It gave us extra armor, and was pretty cool. I also sawmy projectiles combo with something, however, the battle was a bit too graphically intense for me to be able to tell what exactly I was in combo with.
    Dea Draconis Friendship is Magic Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    A good player will learn to place fields so that good players can make good use of them, and so that bad players make use of them accidentally. And then he'll adapt his placement based on what kind of players surround him.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Last edited by Manwithtwohands; 05-05-2012 at 19:45.

I rarely caused a combo as an elementalist. Personally, I think combos are great in theory, but in practice, they are somewhat forgetable (at least for me).

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I think combos are a nice bonus fun thing to do, but casual enough that you don't feel obliged to do them.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    best thing is just placing the fields where the enemy is, you damage the enemy and you're assured the combo effect is used........
    just a shame you see ppl attack enemies and then run away, making the field pretty much useless.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Guildoholic View Post
    I rarely caused a combo as an elementalist. Personally, I think combos are great in theory, but in practice, they are somewhat forgetable (at least for me).
    That's because, unless you are wielding a staff, you can't do anything else than a fire field. "Ring of Fire" was a good skill to force combos: Put it down where people are blinded by particle effects ... eh, sorry... where many people mob up in one spot and watch your allies shoot them for burning projectiles from all sides (worked very well with ranged allies like Rangers, who have many physical projectile finishers.

In the PvP lobby I hurled some projectiles through a Firewall, which adds good damage to the big damage already deal with Hurl. (Didn't work in the PvE version, which according to Jon Peters was a bug)
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

The only fields I recognized were the Guardian bubble (and I would step into) and the flame wall, so although I set off some combos several times (was playing as a mesmer), I had no idea what had triggered them or which combo I performed. These combos always happened accidentally in mobs in WvW or dynamic events.
    Last edited by Twyst Tye; 06-05-2012 at 00:19.