The cashshop is gonna be a tightrope walk for anet.
* They want to make money
* when they ask to much for "useless" stuf, nobody' is gonna buy -> and they have to find something else to sell
* when what they sell will give players any kind of advantage, it will be seen as unfair advantage and or a monney grabing sceeme -> and there will be a revolt.
I dont even know yet if i'm gonna like the game. will this game last me more than a year, if not the whole cashshop will not affect met muchs at al.
What i can say for sure
* costumes account wide
* dye's character based is fine by me
* mystic keys (will depent on the acual key/chest droprate vs price), but i dont see myself buying them
* # bank portal usages (lame.... and ill dont see myself buying them, but otherwise ok)
* temprorary boosts (karma/xp/luck) i say they need to be remove all together
PC Gaming News
Results 21 to 30 of 34
Thread: Cash shop petition, part 1
07-05-2012, 13:52 #21
Last edited by Aiah di Romilly; 08-05-2012 at 08:43.
07-05-2012, 15:08 #22
I think mystic keys are okay as long as the value in the chest is always more gem-wise than the value of the key. All one use items are okay when they at least drop in the game or are repeatable quest rewards. As for unlocking stuff => only account wide.
Furthermore shop-items should be monitored on ingame value so their relative value can be adjusted. No one is going to buy overpriced things which will lead to a shop with 1-2 popular items and loads of items which never see daylight.
07-05-2012, 15:47 #23
My concern with the keys is that it's just going to bug me to have the boxes taking up inventory space or having to sell them on the AH. I don't really intend to buy keys, but to have to look at the boxes irritates me, especially given the somewhat limited inventory space at the start of the game.
07-05-2012, 16:59 #24
You know, about the dye unlocks, I swear I remember seeing some people say that the colors were unlocked account wide. Its just that you aren't presented with those unlocked colors at character creation, but once in the game you're newer characters would have them available.
07-05-2012, 19:11 #25
I just posted the quote & source from ANet on the previous page in this thread.
07-05-2012, 21:39 #26
This is why 40 posts per page wins.Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]
07-05-2012, 23:28 #27
Something that might be worth adding to the petition: Eliminate randomness, as in "I want to know exactly what I'm getting". The only purchasable item with random results I spotted during the BWE was the dye pack (unless I dreamed that?), but that's still one too many.
07-05-2012, 23:38 #28
Mini-packs and mystic chests are also random.
08-05-2012, 02:42 #29
08-05-2012, 08:53 #30