PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The cashshop is gonna be a tightrope walk for anet.
    * They want to make money
    * when they ask to much for "useless" stuf, nobody' is gonna buy -> and they have to find something else to sell
    * when what they sell will give players any kind of advantage, it will be seen as unfair advantage and or a monney grabing sceeme -> and there will be a revolt.

Personaly:
    I dont even know yet if i'm gonna like the game. will this game last me more than a year, if not the whole cashshop will not affect met muchs at al.
    What i can say for sure

* costumes account wide
    * dye's character based is fine by me
    * mystic keys (will depent on the acual key/chest droprate vs price), but i dont see myself buying them
    * # bank portal usages (lame.... and ill dont see myself buying them, but otherwise ok)
    * temprorary boosts (karma/xp/luck) i say they need to be remove all together
    Last edited by Aiah di Romilly; 08-05-2012 at 07:43.

I think mystic keys are okay as long as the value in the chest is always more gem-wise than the value of the key. All one use items are okay when they at least drop in the game or are repeatable quest rewards. As for unlocking stuff => only account wide.

Furthermore shop-items should be monitored on ingame value so their relative value can be adjusted. No one is going to buy overpriced things which will lead to a shop with 1-2 popular items and loads of items which never see daylight.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    My concern with the keys is that it's just going to bug me to have the boxes taking up inventory space or having to sell them on the AH. I don't really intend to buy keys, but to have to look at the boxes irritates me, especially given the somewhat limited inventory space at the start of the game.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 Posts1 year registered1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

MVOP
    You know, about the dye unlocks, I swear I remember seeing some people say that the colors were unlocked account wide. Its just that you aren't presented with those unlocked colors at character creation, but once in the game you're newer characters would have them available.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I just posted the quote & source from ANet on the previous page in this thread.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    This is why 40 posts per page wins.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Something that might be worth adding to the petition: Eliminate randomness, as in "I want to know exactly what I'm getting". The only purchasable item with random results I spotted during the BWE was the dye pack (unless I dreamed that?), but that's still one too many.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Mini-packs and mystic chests are also random.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 Posts1 year registered1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

MVOP
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    I just posted the quote & source from ANet on the previous page in this thread.
    I know, I was referring to during the recent beta events. I'd have to scrounge around because god only knows where I remember reading it, but I remember seeing something about people in the recent beta having access to their dyes account-wide after buying/unlocking them, the dyes just aren't present in the character creation screen when you make a new character. To access them you had to actually get into the game with said new character and then choose them.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    100 Posts10 Posts1 year registeredBlogger1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by cursedseishi View Post
    I know, I was referring to during the recent beta events. I'd have to scrounge around because god only knows where I remember reading it, but I remember seeing something about people in the recent beta having access to their dyes account-wide after buying/unlocking them, the dyes just aren't present in the character creation screen when you make a new character. To access them you had to actually get into the game with said new character and then choose them.
    Hmm I didnt buy any dye packs (or anything else for that matter) so I cannot say for sure. All I can sayis that there was a long thread on the forums of people complaining it wasn't account wide with Anet responding that the casshop was not finished and they were listening to feedback. From that I assumed the problem was real.