Since I saw the Warrior one was updated, I figured the Ranger one could use an update as well. Will be taking info from the thread here and various other sources. This is a work in progress and I'll be updating it with more info as I find it. Information posted here can be reused since all information is shared and such.
= Overview =
The ranger is a nature-themed adventurer profession which combines their use of pets with mobile combat and a focus on ranged attacks. The ranger can use a wide variety of weapons, but they tend to favour bows. Their repertoire of utility skills focuses on pet buffs, traps and spirits of nature.
The animal companion is available exclusively for the ranger profession. They are pets that fight alongside the ranger and are maintained through a special user interface that can alter behavioral modes and issue direct commands (excluding their skill usage). Four animal companions can accompany the ranger in total, but only one animal companion will fight at a time. Rangers can switch animal companions to adapt to in-game situations.
The animal companion's statistics (health, armor, damage, etc) is based on the ranger who owns it. Animal companions all possess 4 skills. Three of the skills are based on the family of creature (feline, bear, etc), while the fourth skill is uniquely determined by the species within that family (brown bear, black bear, etc).
Rangers, as well as certain animal companions, can utilize stealth, although the number of skills that grant this is limited.
= ATTRIBUTES =
There are four primary attributes. Two improve offensive aspects of the character, two improve defensive aspects. All attributes deal with both magical and physical characteristics.
- Power — every point increases attack by one point.
- Precision — increases critical hit chance.
- Toughness — every point increases armor by one point.
- Vitality — every point increases maximum health by ten points.
There are five general attributes which are used by all of the professions. These attributes do not automatically receive points at each level and the player must choose to improve these. There are three offensive and two defensive attributes.
- Compassion — Improves all outgoing heals that your character does, including self heals.
- Concentration — Improves the duration of all boons applied by the character.
- Expertise — Improves the duration of all conditions inflicted by the character.
- Malice — Improves the damage done by conditions like burning, poison, confusion, and bleeding.
- Prowess — Improves the damage multiplier on critical strikes.
Profession Specific Attribute
The Ranger gets access to the Attribute Empathy, which improves Pet Attributes. The exact mechanic is not known right now.
= TRAITS =
The Ranger has access to the following 5 Trait Lines. Listed as well are the Minor Traits, which are automatically given at 5 (Adept), 15 (Master) and 25 (Grandmaster) points spent in the trait line.
- Marksmanship: Marksmanship is a trait line for the ranger that focuses on long range damage and improves abilities of devourers, felines and sharks. Passives: +10 Power, +1 Expertise per point
- Adept: Opening Strike - First hit when entering combat causes vulnerability.
- Master: Alpha Training - Your pets also do Opening Strike.
- Grandmaster: Precise Strike - Opening strike always crits.
- Skirmishing: Skirmishing is a trait line for the ranger that focuses on mobility, traps, and favors use of birds and jellyfish. Passives: +10 Precision, +1 Prowess
- Adept: Tail Wind - Gain swiftness when swapping weapons in combat.
- Master: Furious Grip - Gain fury when swapping weapons in combat.
- Grandmaster: Hunter's Tactics - Deal 10% more damage while flanking.
- Wilderniss Survival: Wilderness Survival is a trait line for the ranger that focuses on defensive combat maneuvers. Passives: +10 Toughness, +10 Malice
- Adept: Natural Vigor - You have additional 50% endurance regeneration.
- Master: Companion´s Defense - You and your pet gain 2 seconds of protection when you dodge roll.
- Grandmaster: Peak Strength - Deal 5% extra damage when health is above 90%.
- Nature Magic: Nature Magic is a trait line for the ranger that grants benefits from and for maintaining high health. Passives: +10 Vitality, +1 Concentration
- Adept: Rejuvenation - You gain regeneration when your health reaches 75%.
- Master: Fortifying Bond - Any boon you get is shared with your pet.
- Grandmaster: Bountiful Hunter - You and your pet deal 5% more damage while you have a boon.
- Beastmastery: Beastmastery is a trait line for the ranger that focuses on animal companion improvements and favors use of dogs, drakes and spiders. Passives: +10 Healing, +1 Empathy
- Adept: Zephyr's Speed - You and your pet gain 2 seconds of Quickening Zephyr when you swap pets.
- Master: Loud Whistle - Cooldown between pet swaps is shortened by 40%.
- Grandmaster: Nature’s Wrath - 10% of healing is given as a bonus to power.
The following are the Major Traits available to the Ranger. For every 10 points in a trait line, the Ranger can choose one Major Trait, for up to three major Traits per line.
- Beastmaster's Bond - Gain fury and might when your pet's health reaches 25%.
- Beastmaster's Might - Activating a signet grants might.
- Eagle Eye - Increased longbow range.
- Keen Edge - Automatically use a Sharpening Stone when health reaches 75%.
- Long-range Power - Longbow and Harpoon Gun attacks do 5% more damage.
- Malice Training - Increased duration for conditions applied by your pets.
- Piercing Arrows - All arrow attacks pierce targets.
- Predator's Instincts - Apply cripple to enemies you hit when they are below 25% health.
- Remorseless Regain Opening Strikes when you kill an enemy.
- Signet Mastery - Signets have a 20% shorter recharge.
- Signet of the Beastmaster - Active effects of signets effect you as well as your pet.
- Steady Focus - 10% damage bonus when endurance is full.
- Agility Training - Your pet moves 30% faster.
- Carnivorous Appetite - Your pets gain life on critical hits.
- Companion's Might - Critical hits grant might to pet.
- Honed Axes - Axes deal 33% more critical damage.
- Moment of Clarity - Gain Quickening Zephyr at 25% health.
- Pet's Prowess - Your pet´s critical hits do 30% more damage.
- Quick Draw - Shortbow skills recharge 15% faster.
- Sharpened Edges - Chance to cause bleed on crit.
- Trap Potency - Conditions caused by traps last twice as long.
- Trapper's Defense - Create a spike trap while reviving an ally.
- Trapper's Expertise - Traps are ground targeted.
- Trapper's Knowledge - All traps are larger.
- Wilderniss Survival
- Dagger Mastery - Dagger skills recharge 20% faster.
- Deep Breathing - Warhorn skills recharge 15% faster.
- Empathic Bond - Your pet periodically takes conditions from you.
- Expertise Training - Your pets deal extra condition damage.
- Healer's Celerity - Grant swiftness to you and your allies when you revive someone.
- Hide in Plain Sight - Apply camouflage at 25% health.
- Master Trapper - Traps recharge 20% faster.
- Soften the Fall - Create muddy terrain when you take falling damage.
- Sword Mastery - Sword skills recharge 15% faster.
- Torch Specialist - Torch skills have longer range.
- Vigorous Renewal - Gain Vigor when using a heal skill.
- Wilderness Knowledge - Wilderness Survival skills recharge 20% faster.
- Nature Magic
- Circle of life - Create a healing spring on death.
- Concentration Training - Boons applied to your pets last longer.
- Enlargement - Your pet gets enlarged when you reach 25% health.
- Evasive Purity - Remove a condition from you and nearby allies on dodge roll.
- Nature's Vengeance - Spirits activate their toggle skill on death.
- Nature’s Bounty - Regeneration you apply lasts 33% longer.
- Shared Restoration - Heal nearby allies on revive.
- Spirits Unbound - Spirits can move and follow you.
- Spiritual Knowledge - Spirit buffs have a 15% better chance of providing their benefits.
- Strength of Spirit - 10% of your vitality is converted to power.
- Two-handed Training - 5% increased damage with greatsword and spear skills.
- Vigorous Spirits - Spirits have twice as much health.
- Nature Magic
- Canine Training - Dogs apply stability to nearby allies when they howl.
- Commanding Voice - Pet activation skills (F2) have faster recharge.
- Compassion Training - Your pets heal for more.
- Devourer Training - Your devourer´s basic attack pierces.
- Drake Training - Drake pets have passive regeneration and condition removal.
- Instinctual Bond - When you are downed your pet gains frenzy.
- Porcine Training - Pigs deal extra bleeding.
- Screech Training - Bird screeches cause fear.
- Shout Mastery - Shouts recharge 20% faster.
- Speed Training - Feline and shark pets have 50% reduced cooldown on their skills.
- Stability Training - Bears and armorfish always have stability.
- Venomous Training - Spiders and jellyfish cause vulnerability when they attack.