PC Gaming News
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

GW2 Elementalist skill icon gallery

Icon extraction from the official Guild Wars 2 wiki - alphabetical order (almost complete, a few icons still missing)

Last edited by Gorani; 24-06-2012 at 16:07.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Sweet, thx for sharing :-)

GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    awesome, how hard would it be to compile all the icons in a zip file?

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Redean View Post
    awesome, how hard would it be to compile all the icons in a zip file?
    I am not sure if I can host a zip file on the CMS here. I would like to wait for a complete set of icons for that, too. I have been bugging Stephane about official icon sets for "the community kit" quite a while ago (the wiki ones are extracted from the DAT file), but the developers and graphics artists at Arena.net would like to release that kit only, if it is 100% finished.

PS: I have my quarrels with the wiki again, as I am not sure whether the icons are 120x120 (as it appears to be on the category page) or 128x128 as the wiki police claims them to be in the DAT file.

PPS: I've wasted precious life time to drag all icons of the original size 128x128 to the summary post and added the missing icons from the Conjures, which have not been part of the OP. Icons appearing twice are no error, but two skills using the same icon right now.
    Last edited by Gorani; 13-05-2012 at 18:27.
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    OK, I'm going to make a new post, as the last one has way too many PS already...

Am I the only one thinking they need to re-work some of the icons? The style definitely isn't looking like everything belongs to the same "attunement", because the style differs so much.

e.g. the Earth Magic icons have no common style and the artists have not kept the same colour palette. The three icons I took as an example below just feature a yellow colour on a black background. My "alternative draft" tries to incorporate the browns & greens we have on some icons. Some icons, like Updraft have the wrong hue of colour (which I tried to fix). There are a few more things if you take a closer look. Most of the icons look like they are drawn with a chalk or pastels on a dark surface. A few others look way more detailed, almost realistic, which I tried to compensate with the Air Bubble thing.

BTW, my draft is always on the left.
    Last edited by Gorani; 13-05-2012 at 18:27.

GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Yeah I see what your getting at. I didn't notice it before however I do agree that there should be some common ground on the styling in each attunements/