PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by kokabel View Post
    Nope, this a totally new machine, bought with ideas of epic Guild Wars 2 in mind (and epic photoshopping, but whocares about that). GW1 works absolutely fine. Other games work fine too, ruling out hardware issues. I tried different driver versions and it still hasn't fixed it, so I'm going to say it's the client itself just not liking my setup, which should get fixed. Sadly, the beta tech support forums are only open during the events, so nothing much to be done right now, which is frustrating.

I just want to be able to play the next event on this machine, it's going to look amazing. I could just rip out the hdd, reinstall an OS on it and put it back in my other machine, but I would really, really rather not go that route.
    It wasn't clear from your response it you saw this, but when I checked out the link I posted there were ways to submit support tickets. I know the forums are closed, but maybe they're still monitoring support tickets. Worth a shot.

You also might try GW1 support. Maybe they will forward it to the right people.

Also, there was a thread that listed the known issues from the beta weekend, maybe your problem was on there? Edit, found it: http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...t=known+issues

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Oh, I did not realise one could still send support tickets. I'll compile a post to send to them. Thanks for pointing that out. I did check the known issues thread, sadly none of the hardware issues apply to me.

Perhaps it just doesn't like my video card, I guess the nvidia gtx 680 is still newish enough to cause problems in some places - although 2 new ones have been released since, oh hum.
    Dea Draconis Friendship is Magic Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    you said new PC, not over the top
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Not my fault! I wanted to be able to use two monitors eventually, and I wanted a graphics card worthy of the machine I was building. I will laugh if the newness of the card is the reason for this crash...
    kokabel.5728

Lol, you have a ~$500 video card and aren't running dual monitors yet? Shoot, with a video card that expensive you should get a tri-monitor setup asap... and if you want it you could get a fourth since it seems that video card can support that many by itself.
    Last edited by djacob; 20-05-2012 at 22:00.

10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by djacob View Post
    Lol, you have a ~$500 video card and aren't running dual monitors yet? Shoot, with a video card that expensive you should get a tri-monitor setup asap.
    with border less monitors being pretty expensive you're really asking allot, i only have one but i could use 3 at a time.
    want to but when there is a €300 per monitor tag on it i rather wait a bit......
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Why get a borderless monitor? Ones with borders work perfectly fine for most tasks, though I wouldn't play a video game with two monitors that have borders since it would break the avatar in two. Three monitors though? You'd just have some borders between the extended view of the game, not a huge deal considering most people won't have the extra viewing angle at all.

Can get 22" monitors for $150 here in the states, I don't know how much it costs over there, but I'm guessing if someone buys a $500 video card they can afford two extra monitors.
    Last edited by djacob; 20-05-2012 at 22:09.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Patience patience, I can only throw so much money at this project at once! I first need to figure out how to maximise desk space with two monitors. And how I'm going to recover from the brutal blow to my bank account.
    kokabel.5728

Yeah ok, I do understand that, I was just a tad surprised cause dual monitor pcs have been possible for a long time now, on video cards that cost less than $150. But it does sound like you've got an expensive project on your hands kokabel.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Yes... well, when I get something in my head about how I am going to do/make something (in this instance, a monster rig, hello tax rebate), then it's difficult to dissuade me. Lets just say... it could have been a lot more expensive, but a couple of people talked me out of being even more insane with the build. I will def get use out of this machine, in time, when more stuff comes out that can make full use of it - I was just tired of my other machine, which was just old enough to not be upgradable with more up to date components I would have liked.

In the meantime, I'm collecting shiny games, fantasizing about a bigger a desk, and screwing around in photoshop doing magical things I was never able to do before.(and plotting other ways to make this card work for me good)

[edit]

Gonna stop hijacking this thread with my crying.

I miss GW2.
    Last edited by kokabel; 21-05-2012 at 01:45.
    kokabel.5728