GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Last edited by Lensor; 17-05-2012 at 21:52.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    I'm so bagsying Wizardex!

-Art

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    this pretty much is saying one thing, the 20 mill names will for the most part remain that way.
    just logging in is way to easy to reserve a name, but i understand the reasoning behind it.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

So do we have to log in with every character name we want saved or just on the account?

Since most of us have more than 5 char slots, does this mean we can only save 5 out of our say 10 GW1 char names?

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    So headstart and release day.
    What, if due circumstances, you cannot log-in during the first week or something?

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    I read it as logging on once on the account reserves all account names until launch day.

Of course, having such a tiny window is really putting the pressure on ANet to have flawless servers come launch day, since not everyone will preorder (for 1 day) or prepurchase (for 3 days) and get head starts.

I anyway find it a bit short though. I mean, it is not like it is out of the realm of possibility that a lot of people will be away or otherwise unable to log on on the actual launch day. I really think they should give it a week.
    IGN Bark N Mad. Officer in The Order of Dii [Dii]

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanaeri Rynale View Post
    Since most of us have more than 5 char slots, does this mean we can only save 5 out of our say 10 GW1 char names?
    As I am understanding the FAQ, yes, you would need to make 1 char per name you want to reserve. Buying extra char slots (if that will be possible from day 1) is a possible solution, albeit an expensive one.

I know they want to free up some names for new players, but it'll be annoying if you can't reserve all of your GW1 names. Maybe give us a list to choose from which ones you want to keep and which ones can be freed up...

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by Lensor View Post
    I anyway find it a bit short though. I mean, it is not like it is out of the realm of possibility that a lot of people will be away or otherwise unable to log on on the actual launch day. I really think they should give it a week.
    Especially with the added rule that you have to have logged into your account this year, meaning the number of reserved names will be much lower than 20 million. I think it should be at least 1 to 3 months. And the log into the account should probably go back to when EotN came out, or at least last year. There are several people who post here regularly that won't be able to reserve their names without reinstalling the game and logging in now. And this is a GW fansite.

I was worried something like this would happen when Gaile Gray mentioned that names would only be reserved for a limited time a few months ago, but one day? And launch day too? That just doesn't seem very GW1 player friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombyrad View Post
    I know they want to free up some names for new players, but it'll be annoying if you can't reserve all of your GW1 names. Maybe give us a list to choose from which ones you want to keep and which ones can be freed up...
    That seems like it would be a headache to implement. I do like the way they are doing it (anyone who played within a certain time period, and good for a certain amount of time. That's simple and effective. I just think the parameters need some tweaking. Anet seems to place a lot more importance on freeing up those names than I would. There are plenty of ways to modify a name you like if it's already taken.

Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lensor View Post
    I read it as logging on once on the account reserves all account names until launch day.

Of course, having such a tiny window is really putting the pressure on ANet to have flawless servers come launch day, since not everyone will preorder (for 1 day) or prepurchase (for 3 days) and get head starts.

That is indeed worrisome and could be a very strong possibility come day one. For the reason I give as a reply below, I'd think a month or two would be good for people like me. Again, see next reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanaeri Rynale View Post
    So do we have to log in with every character name we want saved or just on the account?

That touches a raw nerve! There are many like me who have multiple accounts from before the extra slots day came about. So I have about 21 GW characters and although I don't care about losing some names, I really am upset that I would be expected to fork out another $50 - $70 (or so) to get the names from my second account captured. Although I am sure I'll be a rabid GW2 fan, give me some good time to become that fan since after all, there is a possibility I won't like GW2, however remote that might be.

Some characters' names from my second account I want, and the one that I really liked who got the 30/50 HoM done, I'd hate to have to buy a second GW2 prior to day one just to save her name.

I knew I'd get the shaft some day for having two accounts once they started selling character slots.

Veritas Invictus ~ The TRUE Guild

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    1) Need to login at least once this year in GW1 before release... This is an easy one, especially if you only need to login in your account. Still, logging in with each char you want to reserve is easy. I was afraid that it'd be just for chars that have unlocked HoM or something.

2) Need to make the chars on 3 day headstart or release. That is WAY too short. I am sometimes off for a conference, that means I am unable to play a week at a time. Launch does not always work well, with people struggling with passwords etc. Either way, 1 day is way too short.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about