PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 74
  1. #21
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Erring Ryft's Avatar
    Posts

    1,604
    Most of the GW crowd I've talked to are changing most of their names anyway, as they figure the characters with those names are several hundred years dead. Having them stick to one gamer forever strikes me as a bit absurd, but I'll definitely be logging in to get the one or two I'd like to keep.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314

  2. #22
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    shawn's Avatar
    Server

    Jade Quarry
    Guild

    Dii/BPA
    Posts

    10,591
    60+ names? Are you ****ing serious? There are only 10 classes for christ sakes. Altoholic much?

    Hint: the classes have the same mechanics no matter which campaign you make them in. Just so you know for the future.

    tapatalked on galaxy nexus
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

  3. #23
    GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Alaris's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Posts

    22,615
    10 males + 10 females + 10 PvP...

    I can't even think of a reason to make 60 chars.

    As for being upset at names, Alaris is my trademark of sorts so yeah it would be annoying if someone else made a bunch of Alaris's.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

  4. #24
    Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    RD's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    Dii, TRUE
    Posts

    10,608
    Making an Alaris Kendred in GW 2

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    As for being upset at names, Alaris is my trademark of sorts so yeah it would be annoying if someone else made a bunch of Alaris's.
    Challenge accepted!

    Edit: By the way is it 'ALaris'? Or 'aLARis'? Or even 'alaREESE'? Or even 'AY LAY RISE'? OR EVEN 'a LLLL uh 'ss'?

    I strongly prefer the last.
    Last edited by Fluffball; 19-05-2012 at 06:01.

  6. #26
    GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Alaris's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Posts

    22,615
    alaRIS, I think. That's how it sounds in my head.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

  7. #27
    GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Egal's Avatar
    Posts

    946
    Fluffball, clearly there are plenty of people who are worried. You're not and I'm not and that's great for us, but if this issue is handled badly by Anet it may well be yet another wholly unnecessary drama generating stink in the GW community. This doesn't do anybody any good. These concerns were first raised back in '07 or '08. Anet have had plenty of time (or if you like, warning) to understand how important this is to a significant number of players. I hope this all works well for everyone, including those of us who are burying our GW characters and starting GW2 with a clean slate.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Egal View Post
    Fluffball, clearly there are plenty of people who are worried. You're not and I'm not and that's great for us, but if this issue is handled badly by Anet it may well be yet another wholly unnecessary drama generating stink in the GW community. This doesn't do anybody any good. These concerns were first raised back in '07 or '08. Anet have had plenty of time (or if you like, warning) to understand how important this is to a significant number of players. I hope this all works well for everyone, including those of us who are burying our GW characters and starting GW2 with a clean slate.
    I'm not trying to dismiss worries about losing your name. I mean if someone took Lady Rhonwyn that would be douchey. I just can't see this being a big problem for anything other than "American Ninja" or other ridiculous non-personal names. I can pretty much bet my face that no one is going to take personal names unless they're intentionally trying to attack someone. And even then you have four days to deal with that.

  9. #29
    Someone in the beta took a name I was going to use. I couldn't call my norn ele "Tytan", so I made them "Pryan Tytan" instead. Ah well, it was slightly more obvious what I was referencing that way.

    I don't know if I have a point, just felt like sharing. Though, if there is one, it's that names being game wide instead of server wide is going to make names much more difficult to get. This is my one issue with the way they're handling names. Though I do think I understand why they're doing it, there will be less complications with traveling outside home servers this way.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by djacob View Post
    Someone in the beta took a name I was going to use. I couldn't call my norn ele "Tytan", so I made them "Pryan Tytan" instead. Ah well, it was slightly more obvious what I was referencing that way.

    I don't know if I have a point, just felt like sharing. Though, if there is one, it's that names being game wide instead of server wide is going to make names much more difficult to get. This is my one issue with the way they're handling names. Though I do think I understand why they're doing it, there will be less complications with traveling outside home servers this way.
    I think you make the point pretty clearly. If you go by wsefwoiejf, no one is going to steal your name. If you go by "Frodo Baggins", people are going to want that (why I have no idea other than bragging rights.) The names up for grabs are not YOUR names. They're names that EVERYone owns.

Posting Permissions

Posting Permissions

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off