PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry

Gimme Models to Practice Drawing With <Free Commissions>

I haven't the time to draw for about half a year now, and I want to pick it up again. To step out of my comfort zone, I want to practice drawing with other people's characters and not my own. Because this is a practice for me and it's your character being pictured, you get to keep any completed drawings for free. And since this is a Guild Wars fansite, I'm asking for Guild Wars characters to be the models.

To summarize...

What this is about: You provide me with your character. I get to practice, and you get to keep the picture.
    Who I am drawing: Guild Wars 1 or 2 characters
    Who can participate: Anyone and everyone who enjoys Guild Wars
    How much: Free
    Where details are: The details for latest model request is at the bottom of this post.
    What you need to do: take screenshots of your GW1/GW2 characters and post. The more references I have, the better. Please refer to the Fan Arts FAQ at the top of the forum if you don't know where to host your screenshots.

There is one catch. This is going to be a practice, so I won't be drawing high quality stuff. But I don't plan to give out trash either, as I'm not practicing to draw trash. And free is free.

I plan to reopen the commission time to time to ask for additional models, so check back time to time. I may have themes in the future too, like "two friends" or "chibi."

Finished pieces:

XaiXo's mesmer:

Zhailei's ritualist:

REQUEST CLOSED:

First things first, I want to have some samples to post and show. I'm looking for 3 of any type of Guild Wars character. Style would be digital sketch. I am picking one character each from the first 3 posters.

Extention: I was wondering if there are any more people interested. I think I can take in 1 more poster (2 if more than 10 people posts) for this round, randomly chosen (after Decomposing Brain's post) from those who post before 12:01 AM GMT on Tuesday May 22.

The next request will open once I'm finished with all 4 models. There should be another BWE by then, so get your screenshots ready if you want your GW2 characters drawn.

Server

Desolation
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], The Order of Encaboda [TOoE]

GWOnline.Net Member
    I attached my GW2 beta character, as I got really attached to...um...IT

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
    Attached Images Attached Images

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    So i clicked on the thread with the intention of leaving my wizard, then I saw that you specified guild wars characters.

Clever girl. You knew to avoid the diabolical influence these forums are currently under..

tapatalked on galaxy nexus
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficia View Post
    I attached my GW2 beta character, as I got really attached to...um...IT

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
    Uh, did you want the pig or the nekked girl next to it? Or both?

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    So i clicked on the thread with the intention of leaving my wizard, then I saw that you specified guild wars characters.

Clever girl. You knew to avoid the diabolical influence these forums are currently under..

tapatalked on galaxy nexus
    Well, I may open the category up in the future. But I figured it wouldn't be as appropriate to have the category open beyond GW characters in the first round at least, especially if it were something run by a moderator.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by satomz View Post
    Uh, did you want the pig or the nekked girl next to it? Or both?

Heh. It was kind of a joke. I didn't get many pictures of my character. Just in the pig costume. :P

She just kept getting in my shots!

If you want to practice the anatomy of pork you can, but you can save these portraits for serious requests.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Here are 2 images (1 as close as i could, other slightly further so t's possible to see full body) of my main on gw1, loved her there and would like somtheing to remember while going to gw2, not my prettyest (wanted to give her a somewhat evil look when created) but still my fav

gw003.jpg
    gw004.jpg
    Last edited by Decomposing Brains; 19-05-2012 at 21:53.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Arikera, a norn elementalist. These were the only shots I got of her!

http://i.imgur.com/6ImQE.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/tr8Tl.jpg

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Alright, the 4th slot automatically goes to Dary, since you're the only one who signed up additionally.

------------------

Out of the three that Xaixo posted, I decided to draw the mesmer since I felt I need more practice drawing male characters (not that I don't need practice on female models though). I ended up making it more detailed than a sketch that I intended.