PC Gaming News
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    yes heartseeker is also one thing thats bothering me because it always stops you and then jumps, people are able to dodge it so quick or just move out of range lol its frustrating

The damage increase at lower health just seemed odd to me when paired with a leap - I mean, if something's at lower health, odds are I've already caught it and stabbed it several times. Why finish with a 300-range leap attack when you're right next to the guy? If they switched it around to be a bit more like say, Unsuspecting Strike, I could kinda see it. Not that it's a terrible skill; it just feels backwards...

It is a little weird, but I think you can look at it as having multiple functions as well. You can use it to close distance OR to finish. Or both, like if they try to run.

Stealing is a good way to tele in and start the fight as well.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I was going to say that it would be a good skill to follow up an evasive move that moves you away from the foe, but I don't see that happening as it's the 3rd skill of a chain. Afaik a chain resets if you use other skills, no?
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

You can use it whenever you want.

Basically, I wouldn't want to give up the functionality of the skill, or really of any of the 5(7) dagger skills. They all do something important.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffball View Post
    It is a little weird, but I think you can look at it as having multiple functions as well. You can use it to close distance OR to finish. Or both, like if they try to run.

Stealing is a good way to tele in and start the fight as well.
    I suppose they might try to run at low health...haven't met anything smart enough to do so in PvE or WvW yet. Is it a combo finisher too? Might have something else decent then. Still preferred sword/dagger and short bow thus far.

Sent from my even more trendy iPad (now with MORE retinas!) using Tapatalk
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I often end up running with low health in WvW. That skill was made just for me.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

I don't find the stuff Thieves do to be any more cheesy than say Warriors CC+Thousand Blades combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Synyster Spirit View Post
    I don't find the stuff Thieves do to be any more cheesy than say Warriors CC+Thousand Blades combo.
    I think my feeling at the start of this thread was that ranged it cheesey. Which it is. But during super hard stuff like dungeons its a good alternative to melee. Otherwise I can't see myself enjoying a ranged only class.

I don't have first hand experience (yet), but it seems in my opinion that thieves fill the same role as rogues in other games (in terms of how they play). Obviously with GW2, all professions have increased survivability as a result of the removal of the holy trinity, although the general census I've found on youtube and other forums is that most rogues revolve around a glass cannon style build. A lot of PvP videos I've seen have had rogues dual wielding daggers and dishing out 14k crits on their opening hit. Obviously in PvE, a more balanced build would be desirable to survive taking damage, but in PvP (in my opinion) it's better to be able to dish out huge burst damage aimed at weaker or unsuspecting players.