PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Honestly with the new update I don't see myself ever really using this skill. It feel much too gimmicky to be of any use.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    I quite like it when it works, along with illusion of life. Handy way to force a kill or two if you're marginally outnumbered and need to even things up quickly with an all out offensive. Cooldown is a bit much, but it's still an instant revive without the waiting of search and rescue or the caveat of illusion of life.
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Again in the official update notes

This skill no longer resurrects dead allies; it only revives downed ones.

If other issues have been resolved, must be tested.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Ok, so, is there ever a situation this skill would be useful? I just don't see one. I haven't even bought it because I lack the interest...

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa Kusanagi View Post
    Ok, so, is there ever a situation this skill would be useful? I just don't see one. I haven't even bought it because I lack the interest...
    I see its uses in WvW, but the competition to other skills is just to great so I would chose it over, e.g. my Glyph of Storms or my Lesser Elemental Summon.
    I am currently waiting for people testing it for its other bugs (like range or not working at all...). When all bugs they have listed at the official forums are really gone, there is a small chance it will be picked up more.
    Perhaps sPvP, where small groups fight (can't comment on that really) or Dungeons in PvE (haven't done one, so I can't say it has a value there).
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

I could see small-scale PvP uses...

In dungeons, people just waypoint and run. Now if this works on defeated ai (do AI have downed states?) this this could be nice in orr.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    I've used it in pve a bit - it does res defeated npc allies and that can be useful, particularly in the level 70+ story line missions where you sometimes have a few allies with you.

Can be useful in dungeons too if you have several downed, but not defeated allies - using Earth to get up to 3 of them back on their feet and into the fight.

But, yeah. Even on my glyph heavy build I rarely bring it. The long cool down and slow casting time means that it's more or less a dead skill slot that could have been used on something else.