PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm glad my reply might help you out a bit.
    8o)

PSA: get a naga
    This public service announcement was brought to you by long time gaming enthousiasts

Seriously. Anyone seriously playing MMO's today without a naga is missing out. You might as well play with arrow keys.

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    Quote Originally Posted by harniq View Post
    PSA: get a naga
    This public service announcement was brought to you by long time gaming enthousiasts

Seriously. Anyone seriously playing MMO's today without a naga is missing out. You might as well play with arrow keys.
    lol so true

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    i don't use a naga and am faster then most, it pay's of practicing playing the game.

anyway, a normal mouse works perfectly, you just need to get the hang of using the 1-4 buttons for the most important skills so you can use c+space to attack nearby enemies, TAB to cycle trough enemies and use the mouse to click on 5-8.

when you use a mouse like the naga all you do is add a dozen of left hand functions to your right hand, making it really difficult to quickly do 2 or more things at ones.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Naga is not necessary to MMORPG imo, (1) the genre is not known for being intensive on aiming precisely and quickly or for having to manage a lot of keypresses, (2) there's lots of other nice gaming mice around and even an extra 1-2 buttons might be all you end up using, and (3) extra buttons can be used on keyboard instead. But if you do have the extra cash, I think naga does give you more buttons at your fingers and if you learn to use them, it can help multitasking.

Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    i don't use a naga and am faster then most, it pay's of practicing playing the game. (...) TAB to cycle trough enemies and use the mouse to click on 5-8.
    One seems to contradict the other.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

when you use a mouse like the naga all you do is add a dozen of left hand functions to your right hand, making it really difficult to quickly do 2 or more things at ones.
    Since when is doing two different things with two hands more difficult than doing 2 different things with 1 hand? Something seems wrong in that statement.

What it really does is balance out your mouse and kb hand, because in most traditional mmo's, the mouse hand usually doesn't do anything really. If it does anything, it's basically turning (NOT aiming) which is easily done while also doing actions with the thumb. Thumb =/= wrist.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Looking at images of the Naga, I can see how it could take some getting used to, what with having to remember which button would be mapped to which action, but I can also see it as something to get used to very quickly, if not instantly. My Logitech mouse has two side buttons that I'd started assigning to Target Nearest Foe and Target Farthest Foe some time ago (There's room for improvement there). It took a while to actually remember that I'd changed those mappings in the first place, but after a short while it might as well be as natural as breathing since my thumb now goes for those buttons without even thinking about it. I can't see it being a massively different story with a Naga.

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    i play swtor with this mouse and i use every button on it and i use shift with all the buttons as well. keyboard buttons can get a lil uncomfortable to reach for. also you are more likely to hit the wrong key if you are going for a button thats a good distance from where your hand is placed. i dont know about you guys but i like to keep my hand in the same spot over the ASDWQE area so i have easy access to 1-5 on my key board and also R F C V T, whatever doesnt get fit on that goes on to my mouse. now for gw2 i can easily bind 6-0 to R F C V T but for some abilities i feel more comfortable with them on my mouse.
    Last edited by Raww; 24-05-2012 at 15:45.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by harniq View Post
    Since when is doing two different things with two hands more difficult than doing 2 different things with 1 hand? Something seems wrong in that statement.

What it really does is balance out your mouse and kb hand, because in most traditional mmo's, the mouse hand usually doesn't do anything really. If it does anything, it's basically turning (NOT aiming) which is easily done while also doing actions with the thumb. Thumb =/= wrist.
    i have a roccat kone+, i can add a whole profile for GW.
    but the best thing, it doesn't have a dozen of buttons on it, it looks and handles like a normal mouse.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    razor naga wins still^
    making profiles is lame when all you gotta do is hit a button to keybind and youre done