PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Server

Desolation
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], The Order of Encaboda [TOoE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Requiem View Post
    It was the same demo build so any differences in performance would be due to server load and how busy your current area is.

Same build, not same backend. They'd tweaked something server-side, whether it was volume, servers themselves, or code. No idea which.

It felt like less people ingame so that's a good reason. Do mind that 3/4th of the world was either working or sleeping. Those who weren't got lucky (europe) or had to take a day off. Again hardcore fans would try take a day of but tbh I really couldn't have if I wanted. That day was hell, I was happy I could log in after work but taking that day of ... impossible

WvW was still a slideshow whenever I played in a group of more than 20ish people.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I played in 40vs40 (hard to tell the numbers) and it ran fine (if a bit slow) on my machine. Mind you, this is fairly high-end (1yo, expensive but not too expensive).

I assume though that proper optimizations can greatly improve performance across machines. Afaik optimizations tend to be added late in game development, so hopefully WvW should work better by release.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Overall, performance was worse for me. Before I was able to fight in large groups without problems, now it regularly turned into a slideshow if there was even a medium-sized fight. Talking about framerates here, network lag was much better compared to the BWE.

Also, please...

...make thread titles descriptive.
    Last edited by Ringsgold; 24-05-2012 at 19:20.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringsgold View Post
    Also, please...

This should be a law.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringsgold View Post
    Overall, performance was worse for me. Before I was able to fight in large groups without problems, now it regularly turned into a slideshow if there was even a medium-sized fight. Talking about framerates here, network lag was much better compared to the BWE.

Also, please...

i like to lead people on ;)
    but next time i will :(

also funny how some people experienced good and some bad. for the first time WvWvW wasnt a slideshow for me lol it was great.

i have a nvidia 8800GT graphics card and like 4 gigs of ram(i think i need more ram)