PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    when i edit my post the first time it just flips to advanced right away, it would be better if we could edit the post right away without making a new web page.

when making a post it would be nice if we had a more word/office-like control over the post, like making headlines and adding pictures next to a stroke of text.
    this would help making the more professional posts look the part, it currently just looks like any other regular post.

a one time pop-up when you have a new PM, i sometimes find out about a new PM day's or even weeks after it's posted.
    maybe making notifications a different color when you have a new PM.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    There's no reason to go to the Homepage; you post everything in the forums :) So I just click them from here.

Though, I actually think that bar you have on the right-hand side with all the social stuff is pretty awesome. I wonder if it's possible to incorporate that into the forum view?

When you have a skin up (like the CoD one from yesterday), it's generally accepted that users will have to click the associated banner (in this case, 300x250 or 728x90) if they're interested in it. The rails (the actual skin itself) aren't usually clickable because users will accidentally click them while navigating the site.

Ahh, you mean the ads. Yes that is annoying. I actually had no idea that is not the way it usually is (shows you how much I know )
    IGN Bark N Mad. Leader of The Order of Dii [Dii]

I mostly read on Tapatalk now... :)

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    when i edit my post the first time it just flips to advanced right away, it would be better if we could edit the post right away without making a new web page.

when making a post it would be nice if we had a more word/office-like control over the post, like making headlines and adding pictures next to a stroke of text.
    this would help making the more professional posts look the part, it currently just looks like any other regular post.

a one time pop-up when you have a new PM, i sometimes find out about a new PM day's or even weeks after it's posted.
    maybe making notifications a different color when you have a new PM.
    I never get the advanced, I get the in-line editing first and have to click "Go Advanced" to go to advanced edit mode. So maybe a bug or something. *shrug*

I think we like to keep posts looking like, well posts most of the time. Could be messy otherwise. I anyway do not know if what you ask for is even possible. For more personalized content we got the Personal blogs, if only more people would use them.

The PM popup thing I can help you with though. There is actually a setting for that in your personal settings:

Settings -> General Settings -> Private Messaging -> Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

You should now get a popup each time you have a new PM
    Last edited by Lensor; 23-05-2012 at 21:55.
    IGN Bark N Mad. Leader of The Order of Dii [Dii]

7+ years as a member has taught me one thing: suggestions come and go, but the forum template stays the same. I don't say this negatively, quite the contrary: it is a tried and true model.

Keep it up.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Huh? Didn't Lensor just give us a new template like four months ago?

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    The one thing that still bothers me to this day because it is so inconsistent and IMO looks horrible is the GW2 profession forums. Now I don't know if this thread was intended for this kind of suggestion, but it's a suggestion regardless.

The GW2 Professions should be done EXACTLY like the GW1 professions. There should be a general Profession forum, with sub-forums for each of the individual professions. I didn't buy the reasoning before (which I don't remember now). In my opinion, it would look a HECK of a lot better. Instead of 13 individual forums under the GW2 heading, there would only be 6. It's way too cluttered right now. Besides, right now, there is nowhere to ask blanket questions about the professions, unless you post in the GW2 general discussion forum, but that's stupid because it's about PROFESSIONS.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Oh, Shawn hasn't posted here yet, but I'll do it for him:

Ability to "like" posts and new version of tapatalk. (I don't know what the latter will really do and I know you can't do it, Lensor, but I figured it belongs here :))

Oh, Shawn hasn't posted here yet, but I'll do it for him:

Ability to "like" posts and new version of tapatalk. (I don't know what the latter will really do and I know you can't do it, Lensor, but I figured it belongs here :))
    +1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    (I don't know what the latter will really do and I know you can't do it, Lensor, but I figured it belongs here :))
    Fixes bugs like how the damn thing doesn't jump to the first unread post and such.

And yeah doing those things is a rushster only job, which from what I've been told, means "good luck with that".

tapatalked on galaxy nexus
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]