PC Gaming News
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]

A Weekend in World vs World.

World vs World vs World (WvWvW), shortened to WvW, is ArenaNetís version of large-scale war. I spent all my playable time this last BWE to try it and report on it. And I loved it. Iím still a PvE player at heart, but I will be returning to WvW quite a bit. In Guild Wars [...]

(Feature by Alaris)
    More...
    Last edited by Lensor; 23-05-2012 at 21:28.
    IGN Bark N Mad. Leader of The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I was wrong to think WvW was all about castle sieges. There's a lot more to it!
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

I was wrong to think WvW was all about castle sieges. There's a lot more to it!
    Yes and no... quite a bit to do but objectives pretty much tied to taking castles/keeps. So main focus is siege.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidCoqui View Post
    Yes and no... quite a bit to do but objectives pretty much tied to taking castles/keeps. So main focus is siege.
    Oh, I'm not debating on which objectives is more important... Surely keeps are main objectives, and even a lot of side objectives such as supply routes is part of defending or attacking keeps.

What I meant by that comment though is that in my time in WvW, I got into a lot of action that was not at the keeps, and it's not like I was deliberately trying to get into fights away from keeps. Our group kept getting into fights in different areas of the map. I don't know yet if that's just noobs not knowing where to go (it was the first beta weekend afterall) or whether that will be more frequent in regular WvW... I suspect that large groups of people will keep fighting wherever they find each other. In fact, it might be more efficient to do so than to retreat to the keep each time.

Time will tell.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about