PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidCoqui View Post
    I'm finding I use the rifle most often... I like blasting enemies away. :)
    Me too, but it's not so much fun when it knocks me down at the same time :) Shield blast does the same in aoe, and has an anti-ranged alternative. Far superior to rifle imho.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Dual pistol and elixir gun were my choices. I just liked them (rifle was fun too). I have no clue what was best...
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    My build... please criticize...

I really like using kits. I usually carry two kits with the third optional being a turret or running potion. I put mortar for WvW use, but in PvE I usually bring something else as elite.

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simul...0.30.10.0.30.0
    == Alaris & clone ==

hello !!! i like this forum...

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I'm now having fun with a turret build in sPvP... I forget the traits, but I hope you can come up with decent ones based on the skills...

Pistol + Shield... shield is great to push people off of capture points, giving you some time to regen health, or push people off of the edge (mostly for the Skyhammer level).

Elixir H + Elixir Gun: good for staying alive, and the elixir gun has skill 3 for good damage and cond remove, and skill 4 for good damage and evasion.

Rifle turret + rocket turret + supply crate: the idea is that since you stay on a capture point, turrets are actually pretty decent at damage over a stationary area. You can play around with which turrets you prefer, but I find these ones to give a good dps. Plus, the supply crate summons a net turret so you don't need an extra one.

Use your traits to boost turrets. Spread your turrets around otherwise they get hit too much with AoEs.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm now having fun with a turret build in sPvP... I forget the traits, but I hope you can come up with decent ones based on the skills...

Pistol + Shield... shield is great to push people off of capture points, giving you some time to regen health, or push people off of the edge (mostly for the Skyhammer level).

Elixir H + Elixir Gun: good for staying alive, and the elixir gun has skill 3 for good damage and cond remove, and skill 4 for good damage and evasion.

Rifle turret + rocket turret + supply crate: the idea is that since you stay on a capture point, turrets are actually pretty decent at damage over a stationary area. You can play around with which turrets you prefer, but I find these ones to give a good dps. Plus, the supply crate summons a net turret so you don't need an extra one.

Use your traits to boost turrets. Spread your turrets around otherwise they get hit too much with AoEs.
    == Alaris & clone ==

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    weapon: rifle
    healing skill: elixir H
    utility skills: rifle turret+flame thrower+rocket launcher
    elite skill: supply crate

it's actually a good build for general PvE, you can keep whole groups alive while nuking the crap out of enemies, even waves of them.
    don't always rely on the turrets them self tho, when you fight one enemy at a time use your F key skills and start with the rocket to do massive damage from the start.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I have to learn to use those F skills more. Apparently unloading those when engaging then plomping those turrets is a pretty solid move.

Though in sPvP you also have to be careful because your foes might have solid AoEs (meaning you need to space those turrets) or solid KDs (meaning you don't have all day to use all your skills, you'll get interrupted a lot).

- - - Updated - - -

I have to learn to use those F skills more. Apparently unloading those when engaging then plomping those turrets is a pretty solid move.

Though in sPvP you also have to be careful because your foes might have solid AoEs (meaning you need to space those turrets) or solid KDs (meaning you don't have all day to use all your skills, you'll get interrupted a lot).
    == Alaris & clone ==