PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Guild Wars: Age of Deceit

Credits and Thanks go to AMolino for the updated Lyssa Mural concept art! You're fantastic!
    2012 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved. NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

More than 300 years have passed since the human race first appeared on the shores of Cantha. After centuries of rivalry and infighting, the warring tribes and factions were unified under the banner of Lord Emperor Kaineng Tah, bringing a golden age of peace and prosperity to humanity.

In the 46th year of the Canthan calendar, the reign of a noble sovereign ends mysteriously. The still young Empire and its people are desperately looking for a worthy heir to continue their founder's vision, while the nomad tribes of the Jade Sea are considering secession.

A forgotten evil rises and begins its journey through the sea to wreak havoc upon an unsuspecting world. The Emperor and a general quarrel, brothers and sisters dissent, sons are led astray... discord spreads, doubt thrives: the Age of Deceit has dawned upon Cantha.
    Age of Deceit is a sort of prequel to my fellow collaborator's, Konig Des Todes' Fall of Gods - since we have decided to merge our fanons into one - and in a similar fashion, a historical background for some of my Guild Wars 1 (and soon Guild Wars 2) characters as well.

Now, I present you a story that will take you back to the (alternate) Cantha of old. Enjoy!

Prologue

Spoiler

Chapter 1 - A Tragic Hunt

Spoiler
    Last edited by Thalador Doomspeaker; 15-07-2012 at 18:46.

Chapter 2 - Funeral and Succession

Spoiler

Chapter 3 – The Crowning

Spoiler
    Last edited by Thalador Doomspeaker; 15-07-2012 at 19:29.

Chapter 4 – Kanaxai’s Destiny

Spoiler

Be sure to listen to this playlist (tracks picked and arranged by yours truly) in the background to enhance your reading experience.

Chapter 5 – The Convocation

Spoiler
    Last edited by Thalador Doomspeaker; 15-07-2012 at 20:00.

Be sure to listen to this playlist in the background to enhance your reading experience.

Chapter 6 – Rising Menace

Spoiler

Excuse me for the thread bumps. I wanted to post all six in the OP but I didn't know I can only post 30,000 characters at once. Also, could someone tell me how to resize the image, please?
    Last edited by Thalador Doomspeaker; 15-07-2012 at 20:01.

Okay, a little heads-up:

I won't be publishing chapter 7 this weekend as it is BWE time for basically everyone - including yours truly. This hiatus will give me some time to work on the story (I feel like I should be updating the now published content as well - like I did with the title of chapter 1) since I'm rapidly falling behind: I'm at chapter 10 at the moment and it's soon exams time for me, which will rob me of my free time.

Also, with chapter 6 everyone minus one presented on the book "cover" has been introduced. Hurray! Don't worry, there are still many new characters waiting to be revealed.

I like it. Keeps getting better.

Unfortunately, I will not be posting Chapter 7 this week. Since it turned out only yesterday that I'm among the firsts who will have to take the exams (literally: whole thing starts early Monday morning and I'm with the first group that goes in at 8 AM, local timezone) I need to make something of my time - however little that is - and try to learn a tiny bit. Although I'm not really frightened... I know I can do it. :)

But this unexpected turn of events made me postpone chapter 7 'till next week (it was mostly done but it still needed some polish, plus I don't have time to look for appropiate tracks for the experience-enhancing playlist). It MAY be published on next Tuesday (if not, it goes up on Saturday as usual), and if everything goes well I would love chapter 8 to be ready for Saturday, too, but that's more like wishful thinking... Still, anything can happen. ;)

Again, sorry for the delay! See ya all on the boards!

@ monthefratellis: Thanks! :) I'll try not to fail you and improve on the quality even more so.

Well, everything went south with my overly optimistic plans, but Chapter 7 is finally here.

Be sure to listen to this playlist in the background to enhance your reading experience.

Chapter 7 – Diplomacy

Spoiler
    Last edited by Thalador Doomspeaker; 15-07-2012 at 20:02.

Chapter 8 - Awakening

Spoiler
    Last edited by Thalador Doomspeaker; 15-07-2012 at 20:03.

Chapter 9 - The Calm Before The Storm

Spoiler

Chapter 10 - Dire Decisions

Spoiler
    Last edited by Thalador Doomspeaker; 15-07-2012 at 20:05.