PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Lady Rhonwyn's Avatar
    Server

    Aurora Glade
    Guild

    GWOnline [GWO]
    Posts

    15,578
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry jam View Post
    Harniq the asurans don't have cloning vats and even if they did it would only be in a game. They are not real.
    Well, those Asurans do remind me of the Tleilaxu....
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry jam View Post
    Harniq the asurans don't have cloning vats and even if they did it would only be in a game. They are not real.
    WTB Soviet/Yuri Cloning vats

  3. #13
    GWOnline.Net Member Raww's Avatar
    Server

    Sea of Sorrow's
    Posts

    229
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    I think I have to join this club :( A friend invited me to a party in CT this weekend, he has the house the whole weekend. Maybe I'll be able to get some time in Friday night, Saturday morning, and/or Sunday night, but maybe not.
    CT woot woot :P

    i almost missed out on the beta weekend. im an ******* who likes to leave his desktop on 24/7 with music running and games running in the backround, and thanks to me being an ******* my power supply burnt out and ****ed up my graphics card so i had to get a new one but luckily amazon is super quick with deliveries.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Raww View Post
    CT woot woot :P

    i almost missed out on the beta weekend. im an ******* who likes to leave his desktop on 24/7 with music running and games running in the backround, and thanks to me being an ******* my power supply burnt out and ****ed up my graphics card so i had to get a new one but luckily amazon is super quick with deliveries.
    with a below average powersupply of around 400W that could easily run up in the thousands of euros per year.

  5. #15
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Lady Rhonwyn's Avatar
    Server

    Aurora Glade
    Guild

    GWOnline [GWO]
    Posts

    15,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Raww View Post
    CT woot woot :P

    i almost missed out on the beta weekend. im an ******* who likes to leave his desktop on 24/7 with music running and games running in the backround, and thanks to me being an ******* my power supply burnt out and ****ed up my graphics card so i had to get a new one but luckily amazon is super quick with deliveries.
    I had something like that two years (or was it 3?) ago. First my graphics card broke (literally broke, I found a capacitor at the bottom of my case), then the power supply went.

    And harniq, I'm sure I won't safe thousands of euros per year, by never turning on my PC instead of keeping it running 24/7.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    Well, those Asurans do remind me of the Tleilaxu....
    *Horrible flashback to what thier early "cloning vats" really were*

    *Followup flashback of what the cloning vats became*
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    I had something like that two years (or was it 3?) ago. First my graphics card broke (literally broke, I found a capacitor at the bottom of my case), then the power supply went.

    And harniq, I'm sure I won't safe thousands of euros per year, by never turning on my PC instead of keeping it running 24/7.
    Just saying something doesn't make it true. I dare you to do the math, I know I did when I first started paying my own bills. W*t*ppkWh/1000. If you really keep your games running in the background with a pretty average 200W sound system, you easily have 500W burning at all time not counting internet/screens/...
    500*24*365*0.16/1000 = _____

    Now

    Don't be scared

    Take a calculator =)

    That's 700 completely wasted euro's. Don't forget this is a below-average PC burning a mere 300W+200W sound not counting other devices necessary for your pc to function. Also 16 cents per kWh is pretty low and can easily be up to 30+ cents in many countries. By having a modern SLI setup and multi-monitor you easily burn double to triple that money a year. Since normal people usually have a router and switch, this also adds to the calculations. In worst case scenario, 3000 euro a year just to have a top-notch pc running background games 24/7 is very much possible.

    It's your money, I'm just saying it's a lot. And if it's not your money, you should consider theirs. My parents noticed a 20% decrease in electricity used since me and my brother moved out. That's a mere 2 pcs.

    By putting your computer in sleep mode while working or sleeping, and turning off games in the background this number drops to below 50 euro's a year. Again, your choice. My laptop is on at night and right next to my bed because I prefer to wake up slowly, but there's a reason I have a 40W laptop in idle compared to my i7 with games running.

  8. #18
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Lady Rhonwyn's Avatar
    Server

    Aurora Glade
    Guild

    GWOnline [GWO]
    Posts

    15,578
    Quote Originally Posted by harniq View Post
    Just saying something doesn't make it true. I dare you to do the math, I know I did when I first started paying my own bills. W*t*ppkWh/1000. If you really keep your games running in the background with a pretty average 200W sound system, you easily have 500W burning at all time not counting internet/screens/...
    500*24*365*0.16/1000 = _____

    Now

    Don't be scared

    Take a calculator =)

    That's 700 completely wasted euro's. Don't forget this is a below-average PC burning a mere 300W+200W sound not counting other devices necessary for your pc to function. Also 16 cents per kWh is pretty low and can easily be up to 30+ cents in many countries. By having a modern SLI setup and multi-monitor you easily burn double to triple that money a year. Since normal people usually have a router and switch, this also adds to the calculations. In worst case scenario, 3000 euro a year just to have a top-notch pc running background games 24/7 is very much possible.

    It's your money, I'm just saying it's a lot. And if it's not your money, you should consider theirs. My parents noticed a 20% decrease in electricity used since me and my brother moved out. That's a mere 2 pcs.

    By putting your computer in sleep mode while working or sleeping, and turning off games in the background this number drops to below 50 euro's a year. Again, your choice. My laptop is on at night and right next to my bed because I prefer to wake up slowly, but there's a reason I have a 40W laptop in idle compared to my i7 with games running.
    I'd have to put in the measuring device to see what it does, but a 200W sound system??????

    And we don't even pay 3000 euro a year for our total electric bill... And that's a whole house, with 2 combination fridge/freezers, 1 chest freezer, 2 server pc's running 24/7, all TV's in standby (and not off), a NAS running 24/7, several electric clocks running 24/7... And not counting all other things that require electricity, such as our Quoker, ovens (two hot air ovens), microwave, frying pan, washing machine, TV's and two personal computers.

    And you and your brother moving out was probably more than just 2 pc's. I assume you don't take a shower daily there anymore, or eat food, or using the washing machine...


    Edit:

    oh, our monitors use less electricity while turned on than a lot of other devices in stand-by...


    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    *Horrible flashback to what thier early "cloning vats" really were*

    *Followup flashback of what the cloning vats became*

    Finally somebody who actually knows those books!
    Last edited by Lady Rhonwyn; 06-06-2012 at 13:55.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

  9. #19
    Please, Zero, Lady R, I'm trying NOT to remember those images. Damn active imagination...

  10. #20
    GWOnline.Net Member Raww's Avatar
    Server

    Sea of Sorrow's
    Posts

    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    I had something like that two years (or was it 3?) ago. First my graphics card broke (literally broke, I found a capacitor at the bottom of my case), then the power supply went.
    damn thats nuts! for the past 2 years ive left this comp on 24/7 and it got to the point if it got turned off it wouldnt start back up for a few hours. so because of that i kept it on all the time because i hated not having my comp lol but thats a lot of money i never really thought about it or looked at it that way, never thought a comp used so much energy. i had a 400w power supply, now im at a 500w. been turning my comp off every night when i go to sleep because i dont wanna have to do this all again... 250 bucks later lol...
    also what exactly does sleep mode do? i used it the other night but im not sure is it like turning your comp off? im not that great when it comes to computers :(
    BUT im glad it did happen because now i have a better card, upgraded from a GeForce 8800GT to a GeForce GTX 460 1024mb gddr5... so its like a HUGE upgrade, i have a feeling i wont have any issues in WvWvW now. especially seeing how it automatically put my SWTOR settings to ultra, and anyone who plays SWTOR knows how demanding that game is with its graphics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •