Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE

InkedIn passwords stolen.

Do you have a LinkedIn account?

If so you may wish to check if your password is one of the ones stolen by a Russian hacker.

The LastPass password checker will look through the list of published passwords and indicate whether or not your account is one of the compromised accounts.

Alternatively just go and change your password on LinkedIn.

People often use the same password on multiple occasions across the internet - so please take the utmost care with any emails or accounts associated with your LinkedIn account (Such as banking, Guild Wars etc.)

-Art

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I saw this yesterday ho ho ho

I don't use the stupid thing. Two of the most incompetent people I have ever worked with have over 500 connections and a ton of recommendations, some of which are from people I know first-hand think they suck. It's such a sham.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    I don't use the stupid thing. Two of the most incompetent people I have ever worked with have over 500 connections and a ton of recommendations, some of which are from people I know first-hand think they suck. It's such a sham.
    Buzzword-droppers, fail-to-deliver-ers, and (largely) good-for-nothing "idea people" using LinkedIn? Confirmed.

I also had a bad experience with some of those types.

And I know many people who've gotten jobs through LinkedIn connections. If you judge the worth of a website by a few idiots using it, then you should stop visiting here.

-T

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teina View Post
    And I know many people who've gotten jobs through LinkedIn connections.

-T
    Agreed. LinkedIn is a tool. You can try to use a hammer for cutting wood and act all like, 'Hey, this is a crappy tool!', and throw it out. Or you can use it correctly.
    mv

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I know there's value to it; half my company uses it every day for prospecting. I just choose not to use it.

The recommendations are what I think is a sham. As usual, I did not say precisely what I meant because I forget people cannot see inside my brain.

Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]

Wait a second! I've never told you I have a LinkedIn account.

I know there's value to it; half my company uses it every day for prospecting. I just choose not to use it.

The recommendations are what I think is a sham. As usual, I did not say precisely what I meant because I forget people cannot see inside my brain.
    Very true, I have even tried TexMod but still can't make the fog disappear.

Veritas Invictus ~ The TRUE Guild

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MixedVariety View Post
    Agreed. LinkedIn is a tool. You can try to use a hammer for cutting wood and act all like, 'Hey, this is a crappy tool!', and throw it out. Or you can use it correctly.
    People that use hammers are tools. Or maybe it was hammers that use people are tools?

I forgot the punch line of my joke on the roof of my car.