PC Gaming News
    Server

Sea of Sorrow's

cool utility skill combo

so i was messing around and came across something really cool, not sure if anyone else has done it but i figured id share what i found with others.
    so i picked up Scorpion Wire and Tripwire, you drop the tripwire and pull the mob/player to you and they land in the tripwire and get stunned for 3 sec. pretty fun to do and a 3sec stun can be huge. not only are you closing the gap on a player whose trying to kite/run, they land in a 3sec stun on top of it. enjoy :)

Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

[TRUE]
    I don't think one can use two tier 1 utility skills at once, right? Forgive me if i'm wrong though.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    There are no tier-related limitations for equipping utility skills. Tiers only affect the unlocking process.

I tried something similar with my necromancer, using spectral grasp and dagger/warhorn & staff. I'd put some marks in front of me, use spectral grasp to bring a foe right on top of the marks, immobilize them with dark pact, activate my wells, then start chipping away at their health. Wasn't all that efficient in pvp though, didn't have much in the way of burst damage, and it's too easy to get out of the wells. Could work better if coordinating with an ally that has some decent bursting.

Haven't checked out thieves all that much, but I'll keep that little combo in mind when I get around to playing a thief.
    Last edited by The King of Dust; 04-08-2012 at 15:06.

Server

Sea of Sorrow's
    that sounds legit man, im def gunna get into a necro at some point.
    this utility combo is extra good for sword/pistol thieves because of our main attack that sits us in place for it. the 3 sec stun is huge for that

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I think the optional skills have long enough recharges that you end up trading off using them as a powerful combo, or using each individually more often.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

I'm usually not a trap kind of person, but after watching a few videos on those two skills I'm going to have to try out your combo move.

And now for the annoying questions portion of my post:
    Is there a time limit for how long the trip wire lasts?
    Can the trip wire activate for multiple enemies? I saw a video where it knocked down 2 monsters at once but they hit it at the same time. What if they were staggered so that one hit it first, would it activate again for the second then?

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Traps in GW1 normally are AoE's that activate after a small delay after one foe enters the area, so if there's another foe (or many) following it would hit them as well. But if they follow after a longer delay, only the first is hit. I assume the same applies to GW2 traps.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Makes sense. I'll see if I can try it out in the stress test.

ETA: Was not able to really try this out due to the stressful nature of the stress test.

ETA2: When I went back on all my lag and rubberbanding was gone. YEAH!!!! The tripwire did last on the ground. I didn't test maximum time, but I did notice that placing a second tripwire made the first go poof.
    Last edited by Sonoma; 11-08-2012 at 16:11.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Ya that's is a cool combo, I like to go with signets myself so not really combo there.