PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    I did the Cats back when it was press beta, and frankly I don't really remember how difficult it was. It *was* difficult, yes, and we did die, but I forget details such as frequency of one-shots etc.
    I did it during the press beta as well. The only thing I know is that there are some kind of puzzles and that it was difficult. I didn't get much more out of it, due to my very low FPS in the dungeon.

During this beta I simply wasn't high level enough. And even then, I'm not sure those dungeons are things I'd enjoy.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Thrives = thieves?

I think you need a good mix of damage & survival. Survival comes in many forms, e.g. healing, support, blinds, etc. There's plenty of ways of doing that with any mix of professions, the point is though that you need that. We had too much healing and shutdown back in the press beta. One guardian, one engineer (me), one thief, one mesmer, and one water ele. I wanted to play healer with the elixir gun, but I started using grenades more often instead, and things went better. It was still hard, but we were progressing faster.

Thieves and mesmers bring a lot of shutdown, so as a result you need less healing.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 Posts6 months registered1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Thrives=The iPhone thinks it knows English...

I felt that it was Damage that was lacking for us so I tried to set My necro up for that. The ranger's poisoned traps did us in every time and I figured that a well of power in the right spot and sucking up the conditions to me followed by a return to sender via the plague signet would help in that particular case.

I do believe that Arenanet has succeeded
    in that most combinations of classes can do the dungeons or whatnot. However it requires people to change their setups accordingly if they are not lucky enough to have a good mix from the start. Everyone can't focus on a condition or heal build.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    Which, incidentally, is why I so very much dislike respec fees. Experimentation good, "permanence" stupid. IMO of course.
    IGN Bark N Mad. Leader of The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Down with respec fees.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Hersir View Post
    However it requires people to change their setups accordingly if they are not lucky enough to have a good mix from the start.
    When I was doing explorable mode, we were changing the back 5 skills from one location to the next ,in addition to the obvious weapon swaps. That's definitely one of the coolest things about high... uh, difficulty (this isn't high level and there is no end-game) content. In the UW in GW1, you'd have some useless tank that is required for Four Horsemen. In these dungeons, you've always got the right skills available to you.

I do extremely badly want a third weapon swap as a thief though.

I don't think anyone was bringing tanks for 4H except speedclears with splits for precisely that reason - they're useless. I do sometimes find myself with useless skills that I thought would be a great idea, though, so switching between encounters is definitely a plus. Paying to respec traits is a bit of a drag, especially when we have to pay to use them in the first place.

Sent from my even more trendy iPad (now with MORE retinas!) using Tapatalk
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Do you need 5 players to do AC or will it scale?

Also how do you send messages to the entire area in GW2?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_wanderer View Post
    Do you need 5 players to do AC or will it scale?

Also how do you send messages to the entire area in GW2?
    You need 5 players. Ideally there would be 10, but the game doesn't allow that.

There are check boxes sort of like GW1 in your chat. You can turn on or off things like map, guild, trade etc. chat., as well as choose which one you say things in. The two important ones for finding other players are "say" which is people nearby and "map" which is obviously the entire map.