PC Gaming News

Do other races have a Hall of Heroes?

Or an Underworld, while we're at it? Could you encounter Charr and Asura heroes in "our" Hall? Are these planes of existence reserved only for the humans?

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I assume there's one hall for all races (not per race) because there was only one back then that we put stuff in. It'd be a lot of artwork to make 5 of those (plus one per new playable race added) for what serves just a portion of the population.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    there is only one underworld, then again we don't have much info about where the other races go when they die so it's pretty much guess work.
    correct me if i am wrong but i did hear about norn going with the spirit they're attuned with when they die, something like "when i die, i will die with the strength of bear" and such.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Oh yea, multiple underworlds could be fun. During this beta, I got to visit the norn spirit world, that was pretty interesting.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

There are many afterlives based on faith but it seems that is all that limits them - faith and actions in life. The norn has ties to the Underworld, which seemed mostly human to us, and they seem to call the Hall of Heroes the "hall of spirits" "where the bold and brave live forever"The Mists is the afterlife to all.

Server

Yak's Bend
    Guild

W A Space
    I personally believe all the religions in the GW universe are all connected and all races end up in the same place. I think it's important to note that not everyone becomes a ghost and goes to the underworld. we actually see very few ghosts down there. I have a feeling the underworld is only beginning. Each race might have a different path to take them beyond, but I think they all go the same place in the end.

Well there certainly are different afterlives, but I would agree that some of them are different names for the same places. We certainly know that races who don't follow the Six can end up in the Six's domains (primarily shown via the Realm of Torment and the charr in there).

Two possible places which are interlinked are Eternal Paradise and Sky Above the Sky (former is Canthan human, latter is tengu, both sounds like it could be Dwayna's domain to me), and Fissure of Woe and the Great Forge (human and dwarf respectively, the former containing a large forge and also seems to be the place where (some) centaurs go).