Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil View Post
    As for crafting, it's pretty simple. I'm personally not that interested in it, but I think Gorani and Rhonwyn are, so I'd ask them to explain the (dis)advantages.
    You are asking for disadvantages? Hmm... a few things come to my mind:
    1. Basic material rivalry: Do not try to advance at the same time with two professions that both need the same basic material. Jewellers, armour and weapon smiths come to mind, as they use a great amount of copper ore in the beginning (after Lvl 75 jewellers can switch to silver, the smiths will compete for iron).
    Solution: If you want to avoid that problem, do not take two of those, but a profession that needs wood and leather perhaps, too.

2. Storage of refined materials: Basic materials can be stored in the bank tab (including precious stones now), but refined and advanced materials have to be kept in the regular storage tab. This means e.g. you can keep copper ore and bronze ingots, but not copper settings or adorned pebbles. This is an even bigger problem for cooks, that have a lot of refined ingredients (like cookie dough etc.)
    Solution: Use, sell or give away. I can not say if selling extras you made for e.g. recipe discovery will result in a profit in the future - it was not the case during the 2nd BWE, were the demand on the most basic stuff let to strange prices at the BLTC market.

3. Character Level vs. Crafting Level: Basic crated items start with a level requirement of 10 and will advance in steps of 5 or 10. This can mean, that you are able to craft items you won't be able to use, like in my case, when my jewellery skills allowed me to craft fancy stuff up to level 20, which I had not reached on my Guardian, who was only lvl 17 in the end.
    Solution: Craft for friends! In this option lies a great potential for intra-guild/friends list cooperation. Know a few people that cover other crafting professions, know their levels & demands and help out each other. If this works properly, you can outfit yourself quickly with 8 slot bags/boxes and jewellery, just by passing along copper ore and receiving rings & boxes in return.
    Last edited by Gorani; 16-06-2012 at 09:49.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    That is true, but something I didn't discover until later on (call me a slow learner *grins*).
    GWOnline Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    I have been completely ignorant of...crafting...likely I will remain fairly ignorant for a while aside for learning the basics of how to turn all that into gold or XP or both...
    I never spent any time crafting till the last day of BWE2. However on that day I found 2 recipes for useful jewelry for my nec (+ for condition duration on ring and earring) and 3 recipes for tailored larger inventory bags (8 slot general, 8 slot invisible, and 8 slot crafting) using items I had gathered/salvaged. My general complaint with crafting is the time it takes to get the ingredients. It took me about 36 hours of mostly gathering and salvaging to get the ingredients for these few items.

Just thought of another (sort of) crafting question? I think tailoring, leatherworking, and armorsmithing all let you make bigger inventory holding items (bags, chests, etc.). Can any toon use any of these items or do they have to be the same type as the toons armor?

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrichmond View Post
    Just thought of another (sort of) crafting question? I think tailoring, leatherworking, and armorsmithing all let you make bigger inventory holding items (bags, chests, etc.). Can any toon use any of these items or do they have to be the same type as the toons armor?
    IIRC all containers are trade-able and usable by all professions. Tailors have the crafting items bags, leather worker the junk item bags and armour smiths the weapon & armour boxes as specialities. All three can craft the invisible type.

PS: I have not tried how Runes of Life work with different classes, but I think it does not matter which profession crafted those. This also applies for insignias, which are based on the "padding" material, like jute or wool and not the "protective" material that differs on the armour crafting classes (tailors would use jute as well, but leather workers leather and armour smiths copper for their basic types of armours they can create at the beginning
    Last edited by Gorani; 16-06-2012 at 10:04.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

The example in the video happens on every event chain. It's ANets stated way of getting you to participate without having to read anything.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrichmond View Post
    I crafted those bags with my Norn/guardian/leatherworker and than sent them over to the one of my other chars, i was actually playing at that time: Human/Thief, Charr/Necro, Human/Engineer.

So they can be exchanged and they don't even get characterbound after having been used by a character once.
    They arent account bound either. I sent a "secondhand bag" to a friend by ingame mail.
    Last edited by Ora; 17-06-2012 at 12:44.