PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]

The Order of Dii [Dii] <International>

The Order of Dii [Dii] is open for applicants!

You are:

A friendly 18+ person who likes to play PvP and/or PvE. You can be casual or hardcore (we have both types in the guild), as long as you have respect for other people's play styles. You like a good laugh, are no stranger to the occasional dirty joke, and do not throw a hissy fit if your team "fails".

You can be from any country, and play at any server, preferrably in the North American data cluster due to no cross-regional guesting, although if you want to get access to organized guild WvW you would have your home at Kaineng.

We are:

One of the oldest Guild Wars guilds in existence, 8 years old last November - yes that is from before Guild Wars 1 went live. We are a generally friendly and drama-free bunch with a pretty flat hierarchy. We are very understanding of real-life obligations and do not have any requirements for activity, donations etc, although we do appreciate if our members interact on the forums as well as in-game. Both to spread important information and to build our guild's community.

We are an international guild with members from all over the world, with the largest groups being in NA and EU. We have members playing both PvE and PvP, but our main focus is currently PvE. We are a part of the site's GWOnline Alliance of Friends, and will do our very best to maintain this relationship going forward

Our home server is Kaineng (NA) where we just moved and where we are currently building all our perks back up. We also got all guild perks on our previous home world Stormbluff Isle. Other than that we got members on half a dozen other worlds.

Application process:

Once you have accepted the invitation you will recive the "Quaggan" status in game. There is no real difference between an "Quaggan" and a "Member" in game apart from stash access, it is mostly a way for us to get a quick heads up on who are new so we can make sure to get know you a bit better.

As said above we do not have any activity requirements, nor do we demand that you represent us all the time, although we do ask that inductees try to be active in the guild community during the inductee period (in-game and if possible at the forum) so that we get to know you and, just as importantly, you get to know us.

After two weeks we will have a vote for full membership, which if successful will earn you access to our private forum here at the site. And then you are ours!! *Muhahaha* (Oh wait, one can be in several guilds in GW2 right? Darn ).

Please do not worry overly much about the vote though, it is mostly a formality and as long as you have been reasonably active and behaved reasonably well you're in.

Finally, I would like to mention that we actively discourage inductees from donating to the guild. We will never directly or implicitly ask for donations (influence letters/guild stash etc) and any such donations will not be taken into consideration when voting. That is just the way we roll, and it has served us well so far.

Please format your application like so:

Character name:
    Account tag:
    Home world:
    Region/Peak timezone:
    Short blurb about yourself:

Links
    :

Dii's community site over at enjin (+ private subforum for voted-in members)
    ArenaNet's "Guild of the Week"
    Guild Wars 1 Wiki
    Guild Spotlight at GWOnline
    GWOnline Alliance of Friends

Last edited by Lensor; 26-07-2013 at 11:51. Reason: Moving home world to Kaineng
    IGN Bark N Mad. Officer in The Order of Dii [Dii]

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    Character name: Mehtis Mahtava (That's Mehtis the Great in Finnish. I was that original with my first character name. And the others.)
    Region/Peak timezone: EU, GMT+2
    Short blurb about yourself: Look at my post count. Look at it!!!

*cough*

I'm friendly and like to do stuff with not too much srs face on. Meaning that I won't get angry if I lose. I'm looking to expand my circles (of friendship. It's magic.) for GW2 thanks to the multi-guild feature. I have a guild I'll be joining from GW1 but I like the environment and people here at GWO. Besides, you have all the cool spammers. I do hope there will be a possibility of having two guild chats open or something. For next BWE, I would try to have your guild chat open for most of the time, if possible.

I do PvE and some PvP. I really liked WvW, but will probably choose my server based on my previous guild. But maybe I can get them to come to your EU server

Short blurb long: I'm fun and have a high post count. What more can you want in a member?

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Oh ohhh

Character name: Morkar Kendred
    Region/Peak timezone: NY / Eastern
    You guys know me from all my awesome posts here. I have pretty good grammar, but I don't really proofread my posts, so sometimes it might seem like I type with my feet. I'm also in TRUE, I think I'm over a year at this point (not that I play GW 1 anymore, though...). Sometimes I babysit the two kids when Shawn and Raye need a night away from all the madness. Whiskers doesn't like me very much, though.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Mehtis is a poopiehead

But that's okay.
    ... Because so is RD.

That's right, if you can't take that kind of joking, you're gonna have a bad time in dii. Luckily I know you guys have tough skins, so your names have been listed in the "under consideration" files in our super secret forums.
    Last edited by shawn; 15-06-2012 at 11:34.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    With BWE3 just started I'm going to go ahead and make use of the one-bump-per-two-weeks rule and give this thread a nudge.
    IGN Bark N Mad. Officer in The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Shawn is making me do this.

Character name: Friendship is Magic
    Account tag: kokabel.5728
    Region/Peak timezone: UK, GMT, evenings.
    Short blurb about yourself: I'm a scrubby scrub who likes to pretend they know a lot and know how to play well. I'm actually pretty bad but I enjoy playing with teams more than wandering around alone. I enjoy PvP, probably too much. I'm usually fairly well behaved in public and in guild situations. I'm pretty chatty and friendly towards people, and can share in a good joke. Please love me.
    Dea Draconis Friendship is Magic Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Yay kokabel! =D

Just posting to say application has been noted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus.

Character name: Something with either Joe or Goober in it.

Account tag: JoeKnowMo.9325

Region/Peak timezone: USA / Central

I'm looking for a super-serious guild with a focus on solo farming. A guild should encourage conformity and adherence to the best builds only, which will result in the most efficient return on our efforts. I believe Dii, which stands for Days In Inventory - an accounting term - is a beacon of this sort of thinking, since most of you must be accountants. Together, we can control the GW2 market with insider trading, tax dodging, and offshore accounts.

Like most of you, I don't like people either. I hope Anet implements an offline mode for GW2. In the meantime, we can pretend that others are bots without feelings. I do this in real life and it works pretty well. That may sound offensive but since you're a bunch of bytes without emotions who exist in a virtual world of my imagination, it shouldn't be a problem.

I was in Servants of Fortuna and GWO but they were too social and constantly wanted to team up. They left me no choice but to set fire to their guild halls. The Festival Hat Keeper dropped a few Halloween masks that I sold for a tidy sum of keys on TF2.

I used to play a monk in GW because I enjoyed calling my heals by holding down Ctrl. People like to know they're being healed. It gives them a sense of security and it makes the experience closer to vintage DnD which is always a plus. I also enjoyed letting people die when they got a good drop or if they criticized my monking skills or my "informational healing" methods.

I think I would be a good fit for Dii, as I pay close attention to Days In Inventory in all MMOs. Gotta sell stuff while it's hot, amirite? My anti-social proclivities, lack of humor, and general lack of hygiene seem like qualities that your current members possess. We both also know that social bonds must be exploited to their fullest. Friends are just people who haven't figured out that we're scamming them *wink*wink*. I won't post in guild chat, organize or participate in events, share items, or do anything that might be considered social so as not to disturb the fragile solitude of your oh-so ronery guild. We can be alone, together.

Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    I've been kind to Lensor since she took over Dii and not made any ninja raids like I did when Alaris and I were guild leaders, but it's time for me to get back into form:
    Spoiler

Veritas Invictus ~ The TRUE Guild

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Yay bring all the awesome people into Dii \o/ (posting to acknowledge the application)

Dom, you hush, shoo shoo :3

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus.