PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    I'll probably play Guardian pretty exclusively, and mesmer or ele when I'm not in a guardiany mood.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    I'm already building my alt spreadsheet. Veering away from main-ing guardian, as it seems a lot of folks/guild peeps are doing that and diversity helps (might change my mind on that, though, as I have 0 willpower). Will probably start as Mesmer or ranger, possibly thief, try to experience some endgame, then build up the rest of the family. planning on avoiding necro/engineer/warrior, at least at first.

Sent from my even more trendy iPad (now with MORE retinas!) using Tapatalk
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314

Quote Originally Posted by kokabel View Post
    ...get used to what the skill does, how it looks, what situations it might be best to use it in....Playing them in PvE a little beforehand gives me a chance to become accustomed to ranges, cooldowns, potential combos and so on...it really doesn't take that much time to unlock skills...
    If we were only talking weapon skills your plan sounds great. However don't forget healing, utility, and elite skills. You have to get to level 30 to get your first elite skill. Then there are traits, which will take till at least level 40 to get your first top tier major trait skill.

Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I find the utility skills less difficult to judge 'at first glance', and healing is healing. It takes less time to swap utility and elite around that running through all the weapon skills trying to find the rhythm of the different ranges and what weapon sets meld well together. I just don't like jumping in completely blind - even if I don't have all utility unlocked, some time on the weapons gives a fairly rounded feel of the profession mechanic and what it might accomplish.

Either way, I consistently scored either first or second on the sPvP end of match score boards, and had enough glory to blow on several gold chests (or whatever they were, some sorta random chance, zaishen-chest type mechanic), so I think I'm doing okay. ;P
    Dea Draconis Friendship is Magic Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Knowing myself and my altitis, I don't know how many I'll end up with. I was able to not waver much back in Prophecies and while working on getting 30/50 in HoM, but there were many more instances where I wavered off to multiple alts.

Quote Originally Posted by bobrichmond View Post
    RB2 said there will be 5 character slots at release. Nothing has been said if there will be character slots sold in the gem store, but I would be surprised if there wasn't.
    Character slots were available last beta weekend for purchase with gems.
    ----------------------------satomz----------------------------
    -------------Fan Arts of all Types & Guild & Alliance Matchup & GW1-------------

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    I'll be playing a Necromancer main, with Mesmer and Thief secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by satomz View Post
    ...Character slots were available last beta weekend for purchase with gems.
    Glad to hear that. Hope I can access the trading post/gem store during BWE3. I kept getting the interface, but no items whenever and however I tried during BWE2.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran6 months registered1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Guided Daggers:

I wasn't big on GW:1 PvE, but I'll probably start off with an offensive character and go with a defensive one later on as an alt if the initial choice can't make that switch gameplay-wise

For PvP characters there's no limit honestly and I'd probably fill up the max character slots very early on

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    @MaximumSquid: lots of characters can be both offensive and defensive depending on the build, it might pay off to pick a profession that has good potential in both areas. Guardian is quite good at offensive for example.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    ppl are used to regular MMO's, i don't blame them for not seeing something else unless they tried it them self.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054