The next skill in the series of Skills of Interest is another Glyph utility skill: Glyph of Storms.
Glyph of Storms
Current GW2wiki description (17th June, 2012) :
Create a storm based on your attunement.
Radius: 240 Range: 900
Fire seems to cause no extra effect
Water causes a 6 second Chill effect on each hit
Air seems to cause no extra effect
Earth causes a 2 second Blind effect on each hit
Traits affecting the skill
Glyph Glyph of Storms 60
Change-log (since March 2012)
- Was introduced as a utility skill with a cost of 3 skill points.
- Became a tier 1 skill at the second BWE, reducing its skill point cost to 1.
- Glyph of Storms is a ground target-able AoE skill with a fair radius and range.
- It is available as an utility skill and therefore not limited by the weapon(s) of choice the Elementalist wields at the moment.
- It is a very cheap to get skill at only one skill point at tier 1 now.
- A very good choice to deal good damage to choke points, like narrow bridges or defenders on tower walls in WvW.
- With no types of different direct damage versions (like in GW1) the attunement and its animation is just cosmetics for the Fire & Lightning Storm. Earth & Ice Storms cause additional effects (mentioned above) in the form of conditions.
- Compared to Meteor Shower, the range is shorter (900 instead of 1.200) as well as the total radius (240 instead of 360)
- Unlike Meteor Shower, the complete AoE is hit with damage over a few seconds (Meteor Shower has individual smaller blast radii for each meteor within the 360), so you can just be lucky and evade by walking out.
- Using the "Quick Glyphs" trait (tier 1 trait, easy to get), the recharge can be brought down to 48 seconds. Glyph of Elemental Harmony does make a good companion here, to justify the use of this trait (perhaps Glyph of Lesser Elementals, too).