PC Gaming News
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    That wasn't meant to be an example of their current programming (I don't know what most Discovery channels are showing these days), but an example of programming they have run. I saw parts of the dragon thing and I don't remember it being mostly about real animals... They even came up with an explanation as to how dragons became extinct: If memory serves, it was because male dragons kept the temperature of their eggs to the degree to produce females, to reduce competition for mates. Yes, the temperature of their eggs determined gender.
    Just like alligators. It was all a really clever way to sneak in something educational.

My daughter has it on DVD, I end up watching it at least every other month.

EDIT: By the way, did you know:

Last edited by Feannag; 22-06-2012 at 18:51.

Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    not voluntarily no, a current or blast however can make them move really fast.
    Blast? Yes. Though usually nowhere near the speed of light. Current? No, because neutrons are electrically neutral and do not react to electromagnetic fields.

Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    a tip, the big bang expanded faster within one second then it takes the sun to get light from the sun to mars.
    Oh wow lol.
    Universe expanded shortly after the big bang by creating new space, not by moving.

Humanity is still making progress.

(this is the Curiosity rover captured by a sattelite orbiting mars, shortly before it's landing)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ringsgold; 06-08-2012 at 23:45.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    The universe is still expanding, no? And will eventually start to contract and they suspect it will then start to expand again...
    Well, it doesn't look that way anymore. (just noticed your post, RD).
    The prevailing theory now, based on recent scientific evidence, is that the Universe is expanding at an accelerating rate due either to that elusive stuff, dark energy, or some misunderstandings about gravity itself.

It will apparently not slow down and fall back toward the center--what is known as the Big Crunch--as was previously suspected, enabling the Universe to Big Bang itself all over again, every so many billions of years like clockwork. No.

Instead, maybe it will continue to expand, faster and faster, in a process called The Big Rip. Galaxies will fly so far apart that they will redshift into invisibility. The universe, the night skies, will become dark. Then individual stars, planets, humans, molecules, atoms...everything will fly apart and annihilate itself as the density of matter in the universe becomes too weak to sustain gravity. This might take around 22 billion years.

The most prevailing conjecture is the heat death of the Universe, or the Big Freeze. Hypothetically, as the Universe expands, all matter will eventually cool down to absolute zero. No more stars will be born, all suns will eventually burn all their fuel, light itself will become a distant memory. Even black holes will evaporate over time until nothing remains but a complete state of maximum entropy where there are no gradients of any sort capable of sustaining information processing. Meaning, no life, no nothing. Just cold, dark space. But trillions of years away, many many trillions of trillions!

Nothing lasts forever.
    mv

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    So, what you're saying is, at a certain point in the future, we'll be able to sneak into locker rooms to watch other people change?

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    So, what you're saying is, at a certain point in the future, we'll be able to sneak into locker rooms to watch other people change?
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by MixedVariety View Post
    Instead, maybe it will continue to expand, faster and faster, in a process called The Big Rip. Galaxies will fly so far apart that they will redshift into invisibility.

Olympics 202012 here I come!

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    If I could be invisible, I would sneak into the Olympics. Specifically, the Wrestling locker rooms. Happy?

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    But they would be invisible too!